cost of fitting coils

turbonutz

Reaction score
Hi im looking to see how much it cost folk to get coilovers just fitted to there cars as I got a set for my s3 and would like to get them done this weekend.
Or more relevant how many hours it cost.

Ive had 1 quote so far and no other garage rang me back yet, but 6 hours is the first quote thats 330+ vat :puke2: not liking that

Do it Yourself, £30 for spring compressors, so long as you can borrow a half decent tool kit, halfords pro etc, and have copious amounts of patience and wd40, it's all very doable and gives you huge satisfaction.

Cheers Kai

Haha a thought about this but need to buy everything for it which I dont mind but wouldn't I throw the tracking off? And I dont have a garage and the days sre getting shorter and wetter :(

True about the weather. Even just buying the required tools for the job, cheap gazebo and tracking being done, it's still going to come in alot cheaper than that garage. I like trying to do my own work, learning, saving money and the feel good feeling you get from knowing you've done it, if you're not in a position to do that I fully understand. I certainly wouldn't pay that much, keep looking around buddy.

finding quotes from normal garages at 100-150 so might settle for that

I'd rather pay more knowing it was a decent garage.
Maybe that's just me.

Unless you know the garage is good, paying more doesn't necessarily mean a better job I'm sure.

found a solution here, Hire a garage and its facilities ! £15 an hour and if i need a mechanic to help for an hours its £25 !!

booked in for a ramp on saturday, change my exhaust and fit my coils, ive got guids from my fast gti and so forth and if i need help i can call on a mechanic! happy days, hopefully in and out in 5 hours hmmm

http://diy-car-services.yolasite.com/

cant wait

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaibo and S3_Jacko