DAB Fitting Guide...

Cozza McA

Crunching The Gears
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
After buying an AutoDab system for my car from the great guys at www.advanced-incar.co.uk , I though I would do a little fitting guide to help anyone that's planning doing it. Also show that its not that hard ;)

Tools
*flat head screw driver
*8mm socket bit.

Time taken under 60mins at my pace, so anyone else maybe 90 mins :p

1. So first up was to remove the stereo by putting in the four removal keys, and pulling the two opposite corners.

2.Once out you should have it like this so you can see the connectors, just disconnect all of them and take out completely. This bit comes back in later on.

3. I then mounted the Ariel on the passenger side of the window, but first was to remove the A pillar
by pulling down on the inner seal like this.

Then pull most off down the A pillar.

4. Now to pull out the first retaining clip.

Then once out like this pull up towards the roof and rear of the car.

5.Then mount the Ariel so that the copper part is in contact with the A pillar metal, as per instructions.

6. The next step was to remove the glovebox so that the cable can be run back to the AutoDab box.
Removing this cover to get access to the 8mm bolt. There are 6 in total.
Three at the top once you open the glove box.

Then two at the bottom on either side

Then the glove box should just drop down.

7. Then run the cable down the A pillar so it comes to the bottom of the where the glove box used to be

Then pull round behind the metal plate bit.

8. You should have a fair amount of cable left between here and the centre console.

Once running through the centre part to the under trim on the drivers side.

9. For this you have to remove the bottom trim part pretty similar to the passenger side, except the whole trim doesn't need to be remove just one bolt so that the top can be pulled down.

I mounted the box between the centre column and the steering wheel, there is a gap between the clocks and the vent if you push it up far enough.

I wrapped it in some foam so it was a snug fit and no rattles.

10. Connect up all the adapters as per the instructions then push then down the small gap behind the Head unit.

Then remove the keys and push back into the dash.

11. Then follow the set up procedure and enjoy.

Hope this gives you confidence to try it yourself.

Ps Give the guys at Advanced in car technologies a shout if you are after this...
Cheers Corey

Reactions: miked79 and fangio
Cheers Tim hopefully a few more people will get AutoDab now.
Then I'll rolling in the commission that ill be getting haha 😉

Too many channels to choose from now...

Reactions: Sandra
Great write up, always wanted DAB, not sure how I feel about the ariel on the windscreen though. Is that the only place you can put it?

Great write up, always wanted DAB, not sure how I feel about the ariel on the windscreen though. Is that the only place you can put it?

Thanks mate, you should defo get it.
total worth every penny, I see what u mean with the ariel but that is the only place to put it. But to be honest when I'm driving along it doesn't bother me as I don't look out the passenger side of the windscreen.

I have the same system on my car and I don't even see it anymore.

It's been in my car since Feb and my girlfriend hasn't even noticed it ye. ha

Reactions: miked79