2007 Sportback - Looking to fit S-Line Spoiler

RL

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to source and have fitted an S-Line spoiler, to my 2007 Sportback TDi Sport - if I can find one! Decided to see if I could get one from some main dealers and got a couple of interesting responses. Just sharing one of them here for the comedy factor more than anything:

Dear Richard,

Apologies for my late response. I have spoken to our technical department in regards to your enquiry and unfortunately, it isn’t something we would be able to carry out for you or that we would recommend as it would require a new tailgate.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Richard

Based on the way dealers do things, they're perfectly correct to reply with this info, so its not really comedic, due to the fact they wouldn't drill holes to bolt it on, they would always advise to fit a bootlid with the holes precut, however we do cut the holes when fitting spoilers.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with what you are saying, I've had a number of replies explaining as much, but one just said simply as above.

Not having a dig or anything like that, I just found it a little comical in amongst the helpful explanations from most garages.

Regards,

Richard

Reactions: jord11
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with what you are saying, I've had a number of replies explaining as much, but one just said simply as above.

Not having a dig or anything like that, I just found it a little comical in amongst the helpful explanations from most garages.

Regards,

Richard
just get a bootlid off ebay with a spoiler already on it this is usually the cheaper way of getting for some reason as spoilers on there own are strong money i bought my spoiler with the tailgate complete for 100 and it was in the correct colour aswell and just bonded it on with no issues at all.

plenty of users on here have done the same just have a look on ebay and am sure you will find one

Yeah keeping an eye out but as you say quite hard to come by.

Hiya, if you have a sportback "sport" and you're looking to fit a s-line spoiler; there is an OEM audi upgrade kit to do this. I was very lucky and manged to get one of ebay for £50. Only seen them once though. The part number is 8P90716409AX. It comes primed and with instructions how to fit the brake light into it and how to fit it to your car. No drilling or modifying of any kind required. Simply spray, move the brake light into the new spoiler and sticky it on.

Never even seen these before - looks interesting!

Do you have any pics of one on your car?

Don't have any on the car yet, I'm In the process of spraying it at the moment! Had it for ages...

Had a look around and not found one of these yet. Let me know how you get on fitting it.

I have the one above as mentioned for sale it's black unsure what colour your after its not a s-line but it's the other one it was bought by my mate by mistake he sprayed it and when I picked it up it was the wrong one and we couldn't send it back as it had been painted......

Here's a picture cost me 250 i'd take 150 collected to get it out my way, it's in its brand new box ready to go....
IMG_20130812_131814_zps88e429e6.jpg

Hi,

My car is silver. But it is the S-Line one I want. Thanks for the kind offer none the less.

Regards,

Richard

I searched for months you'll be lucky to get one second hand

Get prepared to dig deep for a new one :-(

S3 spoiler i went direct in the end as it got messed up once cost 250+paint again.... Just go into audi they will supply it no problem I got mine same day, you have to mod it to fit tho due to the tabs.... Where as this other i have fits straight on.

S3 spoiler i went direct in the end as it got messed up once cost 250+paint again.... Just go into audi they will supply it no problem I got mine same day, you have to mod it to fit tho due to the tabs.... Where as this other i have fits straight on.

I have asked them to re check for me.

I would love to take yours, but it is the S Line OEM look I want I'm afraid....

This is what I have just been sent from one dealer. The pic does not look much different to the Sportback spolier on now but I guess it is right?... £202

Hi,

The part number for the accessory spoiler identifies this part on our system:

download

Unfortunately we cannot paint the spoiler if we were to post it out for you as it would become scratched in transit, price for the spoiler would be £190inc.vat plus postage at £12

That will be the same one as mine the sline one is, 250 no questions as I was told the same thing and bought it got it delivered to the Bodyshop without seeing it and got it painted your only way it literally going in audi and ordering one!

That will be the same one as mine the sline one is, 250 no questions as I was told the same thing and bought it got it delivered to the Bodyshop without seeing it and got it painted your only way it literally going in audi and ordering one!

I thought you said yours isn't the s-line one?

as in they have quoted you for the one i have in the picture! the sline/s3 one is 250 alone dont matter where you buy it! my first one was 190+p+p ..... hence as i keep saying you need to go to audi.....

I get you now. I used the part number that PWilliamson put above to get the cost and description but looking at the pic there on the part description is does not look like the S-Line (but that could just be a stock picture). This is direct from an Audi main dealer.

Has the spoiler you have got the same part number as 8P90716409AX then?

Also is that one you have just the standard "sport" sportback spoiler in that case?

My spare is the same part no in your last post.....

Ah - and you are saying that it is defo not the S-Line one? Does it look the same more or less? Could you put it up to your car to compare?

Ah - and you are saying that it is defo not the S-Line one? Does it look the same more or less? Could you put it up to your car to compare?

Mine is in the pic the brake light is in the tip/top,, here is a pic of the s3 one and the brake light is towards the window..... This is the only difference...
Screenshot_2013-10-18-20-58-15_zps5bbadf35.png

Silly question, is the S-Line and S3 spoiler the same thing?

I am tempted by yours but paint and brake light positioning are factors for me.

Hiya mate here is a photos of the instructions for the kit above I mentioned. Part number is on the front, also a pic of the s line spoiler.
IMG 25171IMG 25181

Hiya mate here is a photos of the instructions for the kit above I mentioned. Part number is on the front, also a pic of the s line spoiler.
View attachment 22181View attachment 22182

this is the same one i have spare.... its not the s-line/s3 one its the optional extra spoiler that they sold me.... even tho i asked for the s3 one they told me there was only 1 spoiler so hence i got it ordered to the bodyshop then when collected i realised it was incorrect...

like i said mine cost me 200+ paint im willing to let it got for 150 which im losing out on majorly but its sat in its oe box in the spare room gathering dust

Just to erase all confusion the spoiler I was talking about and the one I uploaded the pic of is the OEM Audi Votex spoiler. Its the only spoiler you can put on a "sport" without having to alter. The S-line / s3 spoilers have lugs on them to the best of my knowledge.

Does it just bond on or do you take the old one off the sport and replace with this?

RL think your confused..... Both will fit The one I have will fit right on the s3 one has lugs that have to be cut off prior to fitting and bonded.... I will sell you mine for 150 (then you paint it) or you can buy the s3 one direct from audi and pay 255+paint.... My mate can paint it if you want mine your colour but you'd have to pay me upfront, prob cost 40quid.

I think I might be confused indeed!

The one you have, is it an unbolt of the current sport one, fit brake light and bolt on of yours? No bonding or cutting?