Upgraded HPFP pressure difference on VCDS Measured Values?

VAG_BADGER

Ricers in the rear view!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone advise if it is possible to detect if an upgraded HPFP has been fitted by logging data during full boost on VCDS? If so what are the standard peak readings and readings post upgrade?

I have a 2010 S3 in which is supposedly stage 2+ but no history on the car, has the ITG CAI & Miltek TBE fitted as well as Forge DV etc but looking to check on the HPFP before I upgrade...

Thanks in advance!

Hard to tell, if its running a 2+ map the fuel pressure should be up around 130-135bar and I'd say if the actual is keeping up with the requested it'll be an upgraded pump.

Or check the pump itself, the end plunger bit is different between the autotech an standard.
Or you could be lucky and it'll have a big APR sticker on the side lol, but I'm sure you'll of checked.

The pump gives more flow rather than pressure so it would be difficult to tell, but as above if it's managing to hold pressure that's a good sign.

Std pump is only good for 110bar so if yours is making more than that (actual) then it is upgraded. Not many tuners will be willing to run the pumps at 135bar as I'm not aware of any that can sustain that.

Thanks guys, very helpful. I will check the live values accordingly. Fingers crossed!!!

Std pump is only good for 110bar so if yours is making more than that (actual) then it is upgraded. Not many tuners will be willing to run the pumps at 135bar as I'm not aware of any that can sustain that.

Most 2+ maps run around that, that's why people change the fuel pressure release valve for the RS4 one that can hold 135bar, standard starts to bleed off about 130 I think

Last edited: