Questions on remap dyno figures?? Please help

Gfermer

Reaction score
Please be patient I don't really know much but what sort of figures does your s3 produce at stage 1 ? Is the figures taken from the wheels? Or at the shaft ? Just looking at dyno graph can I also add I am not hanging on figures etc i am just wanting to learn how to read the graphs etc i like to try and learn about my car as I'm going as I've not done alot of modding this is only my second car so wanting to know more that's all :)

Last edited:
Please be patient I don't really know much but what sort of figures does your s3 produce at stage 1 ? Is the figures taken from the wheels? Or at the shaft ? Just looking at dyno graph can I also add I am not hanging on figures etc i am just wanting to learn how to read the graphs etc i like to try and learn about my car as I'm going as I've not done alot of modding this is only my second car so wanting to know more that's all :)

Dynos are a lottery and best seen as a way to set the mapping up and as a trend between remaps to be honest.

Other than true engine dynos where the engine is out and fitted in a test rig,others derive figures which can be quite variable as well as no two cars producing exactly the same figures on the same map.

Broadly speaking,Stg1 should be in the region of 310 bhp give or take.
Stg2 will get to around 340-360 bhp but with a drop in midrange torque that the upgraded HPFP for Stg2+ cures.

You won't get much beyond 360-370 bhp on the stock turbo.

The figures are not at the wheels tho I take it? Yeah I've seen a few dynos claiming crazy power mine was done at shark
hq and been told there's is quite realistic and if I ran it somewhere els I would prob get more all chat anyways aslong as the car drives good all that matters to me anyways I'm not experienced enough to get into the details lol

The figures are not at the wheels tho I take it? Yeah I've seen a few dynos claiming crazy power mine was done at shark
hq and been told there's is quite realistic and if I ran it somewhere els I would prob get more all chat anyways aslong as the car drives good all that matters to me anyways I'm not experienced enough to get into the details lol

The figures you get are calculated crank horsepower figures taking into account drivetrain losses etc

Some dynos are hopelessly optimistic,hence it's best to look at what yours develops and compare it against the average figures for the car and state of tune.

Most fall within about 5% of each other.

Anything outside that is possibly either losing power somewhere along the way or overestimating the figures.

Thanks yep understand more now, car feels alot quicker anyways and I've not really had it out yet as I had the mrs with me so was taking it easy plus it was dark and raining so last thing I was wanting was to put it in a field after all the money spent miltek looks awsum tho