New to S3

147bear

Reaction score
Hello people,

In process of buying 2009 s3 which i collect soon when i get home,a couple of general questions to ask out there what are best tyres 18 inch youve found to use on s3 i had a type-r and eagle F1s fitted which where good, and the 1 im buying doesnt have bose sound system,has anyone upgraded to anything else and roughly how much ideas thanks,also looking to get mapped will this require a new clutch on this car??:icon_thumright:

stage 1 map doesnt need a clutch, think you can get up to around 310.
EagleF1's are winners. but there will be another one recommended that i forgot lol.

JJ.

stage 1 map doesnt need a clutch, think you can get up to around 310.
EagleF1's are winners. but there will be another one recommended that i forgot lol.

JJ.
Ok cheers any thoughts on sound system is the Audi factory fitted ok havent heard it yet?

depends ow anal you are about it, i just have the A3 standard (non bose) system, and with my external subs im happy with it (internal was great but i like it loud)

I would love to upgrade it, but its no where near my priority list lol :)

but yeh i was impressed with the stock sound to be honest.

JJ.

Hello people,

In process of buying 2009 s3 which i collect soon when i get home,a couple of general questions to ask out there what are best tyres 18 inch youve found to use on s3 i had a type-r and eagle F1s fitted which where good, and the 1 im buying doesnt have bose sound system,has anyone upgraded to anything else and roughly how much ideas thanks,also looking to get mapped will this require a new clutch on this car??:icon_thumright:
You'l notice the difference coming from a type r, i did this myself, they **** all over them!!!

You'l notice the difference coming from a type r, i did this myself, they **** all over them!!!

He he so ive heard,jumped in and got type-r when i really wanted s3 spent a fortune on it now giving away to get what i originally wanted :sm4: anyway want to spend some money and get it kitted out the way i want it.

Hello people,

Eagle F1's are an excellent all rounder.

Also consider Conti Sport Contact 5s,and my personal favourite is the Michelin Supersport.

The clutch is made of cheese,and may be OK at Stg1,but certainly won't last long at Stg2 or above,and there are a few good alternatives.

The Sachs organic and LUK DMF will work well up to around 400lbs,if treated well,and the Loba plus SMF will take more abuse.

You won't need anything else until you get to big turbo territory.

I had standard symphony sound system in my a3 2.0tfsi.. Now got the s3 with bose and its night and day... Well worth an upgrade, sound is crisp

n i've got conti-sport contact 5's on my car just now all round and they are like superglue! Great tyres

He he so ive heard,jumped in and got type-r when i really wanted s3 spent a fortune on it now giving away to get what i originally wanted :sm4: anyway want to spend some money and get it kitted out the way i want it.
You & me both bro! haha!

F1s are excellent.

I only managed 12K miles on Stage 1 before the clutch shat itself.

Bose is great, but the sub isn't the best. I wouldn't say your realllly missing anything but I'd still rather have a car with Bose.