THINKING OF BUYING A3 2.0 FSI QUATTRO S-LINE ADVICE !

iain123

Reaction score
hello all , I am very keen on buying a 55 plate A3 2.0 FSI QUATTRO S-LINE the car look very good and has full service history and a high spec and is being sold from a high end dealer, the only problem i see is the car is on 90,000 miles from what i can find audis are capable of doing 150,000- 200,000 + i just wanted to know if there is anything i should look at on the car or get checked that is likley to go wrong and if it is worth buying !!

Welcome to the site iain.

questions, questions! Is it a Turbo? Auto\DSG? How long do you intend to keep it? Is the service history all Audi or part independent? ...so many questions you may as well just link the ad. :)

Welcome to the site iain.

questions, questions! Is it a Turbo? Auto\DSG? How long do you intend to keep it? Is the service history all Audi or part independent? ...so many questions you may as well just link the ad. :)

its a manual turbo petrol not to sure on the audi / independent service history and i will probably keep it for 1-2 years depending on how life goes :) and wont be doing massive miles in it probably 6,000 a year

Have you driven it, or any other 2.0 turbo petrol for that matter (does it pull like a train)? Quattro's sometimes have rear diff issues (whine) if they're not looked after properly.

And it'll be a 2.0T FSI ...don't forget the T as there's a non-turbo 2.0 FSI as well.

Have you driven it, or any other 2.0 turbo petrol for that matter (does it pull like a train)? Quattro's sometimes have rear diff issues (whine) if they're not looked after properly.

And it'll be a 2.0T FSI ...don't forget the T as there's a non-turbo 2.0 FSI as well.

cheers, no i havent driven it yet or any other car bigger than my 1.4 CORSA D SRI so when i go to see it next week i will take what you said into consideration and probably get my mum to drive it as well as she has owned quattros and will know what they are like !

Check the haldex service if there's no receipts its not done, its easy to tick a box in a service book as mine had, only to drain it and it find it was like sirrup. if the haldex has been done they should have done the diff oil at the same time. Timing belt same again receipts and water pump at same time, show it its been looked after.

3 weeks ago I bought a 2010 A3 2.0 TFSI S-line S-tronic I wasnt sure if buying it was the right thing to do, Holy **** 3 weeks later I still cant wipe this smile off my face :yes:

Yeah the 2.0TFSi S-Tronic is very smooth revving and fab, Quattro helps planting the throttle on slippery roads..