Good bye S3... hello 3.2Q S-Line

dbm

Reaction score
Well, couldn't wait any longer for a new S3 to be announced and put down a deposit on a shiny new 3.2Q about 3 months ago. The car arrived on Friday and is a beauty.

The car has slightly softer suspension than my modified S3, but the road holding seems great so far. As I'm running the car in I can't comment on its full dynamic capabilities yet.

I went for the DSG as I do a lot of commuting, so the option of sticking the car in 'D' and pootling is welcome.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks being up when I can stretch my new baby's legs properly, and I will be interested to see what the MPGs end up like...

Dan

Congrats mate, I have one of those bad boys myself and it is absolutely stonking, still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I took it easy for the first couple of thousand then started to open it up, WOW !!! there is so much torque and the car is so quick and the sound of that warmed up V6.......tremendous !!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The DSG box is corking in my opinion, really works well with all that power and torque !!!

Congrats again mate

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Good choice!

Don't wait too long before giving it some right-foot! I think I ran mine in for, ooh, a few miles at least... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lets see some pics!

exactly what i did a year ago. you'll find the mpg not too disimilar to the s3, mine's about 24 at the moment. enjoy!

Average of about 26.5mpg for me in my 3.2 manual over 4000 miles so far - plenty of A road and M'way in there to keep the average up. Lowest single run of about 21 and can get into the high teens if I try. I took it easy for the first 1000 miles or so, mostly on motorway and got almost 31mpg. Never again I am sure!

Find a tunnel somewhere, stop, open all the windows, and accelerate away. It sounds fab.

I think I get an average of about 10mpg on a good day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.....only kidding, if you cruise at 70, then everything is pretty good, but attach the breezeblock to the foot and yeee haaa does the mpg drop !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

But heh the fun and pleasure out way such things like fuel consumption.......doesn't it.....ha ha ha !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hey welcome to the 3.2 Q S Line DSG club mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Went to Bluewater Sunday and trip computer said 24.8 MPG which wasnt bad considoring my crusing speed of approx 110

All on motorways and dualcarrigeways, a total of 300 miles and nealy 2 tanks of fuel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Worth it just for the exhaust Tone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

At the moment I go to work in the dark and come home in the same, so I will endeavour to take some photos at the weekend.

Im getting just under 25 mpgs on the daily commute at the moment, which is only a little less than I got in the S3. When the engine loosens up they should be about the same I reckon.

Dan

[ QUOTE ]
Went to Bluewater Sunday and trip computer said 24.8 MPG which wasnt bad considoring my crusing speed of approx 110

[/ QUOTE ]

man that's a feck of a long way to go to the shops S /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yep, the thing we do just to have a blast in the 3.2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dont know why the wife cant shop in Norwich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am about 20 mins from Bluewater. Has loads of small roundabouts which can be great fun. But watch out for the mobile cameras - just avoided one on the main entry slip road last time I went the other week in my usual pre-Christmas panic.

I love that first left hander after the long hill!
the one with the super grippy tarmac.

[ QUOTE ]
It's like a giant scalextric set!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now its obvious why we shop at Bluewater /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've got some picks of my new motor, but can't get them to upload to the gallary. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Cheers
Dan

I've not been around for a while but I don't think the gallery accepts uploads anymore. Try hosting the pics at Photobucket and linking to them, or failing that email them to me at audiuk at hotmail.com and I'll host them for you and send you the links.

Kev.

Thanks for the tip... here's the pics

Car3e.jpg

Car2e.jpg

Car1e.jpg

I do like the Wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif