1.6 ltr of petrol in my 2.0tdi

bigluke

Reaction score
i cant belive i did it but i did after calling people for it many a time. I picked up the green pump and started to fill only 1.6ltr before i noticed i then filled it to the top with diesel to try dilute it down as i herd of people putting 5% in in cold weather seams to be driving alright but am i about to have problems ??

Reactions: Rhyso
1.6 litres, I doubt it, but your choice whether to drain or not.

1.6 litres, I doubt it, but your choice whether to drain or not.

if i'm honest i cant aford to drian the tank and fill it again moneys rally tight rih now still cant believe i did it i only go to asda for diesel when i fill my other car it's at tesco with momentum theres only 30k on the engine and less on the turbo it's been remapped and ment to be going to a rolling road day sunday a full tank normaly lasts me a month !!!!

If its started and running ok i wouldnt worry. I did the same with a van and never had any issues. Still managed to do rack 150k after that

Fill to the brim mate, there's no harm done ! I usually fill up to 30% with a mixture of used engine oil, diesel and petrol mix, if the engine smokes then i add more diesel...Also do that in winter when going abroad and expecting bad weather or the diesel in not "winterized" !

Strangely there was a ad lag between gears before cars been mapped and inter cooler upgraded more to come lol and the lags gone since I'm wondering if the petrol a cleand it I've done about 50-60 miles since