JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Poor Pipercross fit in my S3 air box

Hi,
    After having treated my 8P S3 2007 to a stage 1 remap I thought I would buy a Pipercross panel filter. It arrived yesterday but seemed at least 10mm smaller than the OEM paper filter on one of the dimensions. It did not appear distorted and so they are probably all the same. This had the effect of pushing the air fliter off one side of the locating ridge and so was not held properly one one part of that edge as the air box/engine cover was closed.
    As a result, some unfiltered air would be entering the engine. The original OEM paper filter is a perfect fit.
    Before buying the filter I spoke to the chaps at R Tech when I was having our GTi 1.8T remapped and they had suggested to go for the Pipercross as it does not have any oil therefore there can be no damage to the MAF.
    However, something that does not fit properly is no good to me and so it is back in the post for a refund.

Which other brand of filter have you used? I am wary about the oiled filters and K and N do not sell a filter for my car but it appears that BMC do produce a suitable model although it is oiled.
    I like to keep to the original appearance if possible which is why I chosee a panel filter rather than a CAI.
    You thoughts on the way forward other than just buying another new OEM filter?

Thank you,

Peter

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Hi peter i,m using a itg panel filter in my rs3 ,fits works well etc ..

Bird is the Word!

Status
    I used to have a K&N when mine was stage 1 with no fitting issues or problems with the oil
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Invest in a proper intake, the panel filter wont really make any difference that you will notice & the £40 would go well towards a good intake.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK