Abs and traction control warning light

Wels1

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2004 Audi A3 and my Abs and Traction control light come on after around 40mph and stay on until i turn the ignition off, anyone had this problem and possible causes? Also how I can fix this problem? Thanks

Hi, I currently have this on my 06 2.0tdi, a scan shows that it's the rear right abs sensor/wheel bearing. After reading a few threads on here suggests that replacing the wheel bearing fixes this(common fault) . Perhaps a scan will give you more info. I'm Looking to get the wheel bearing replaced soon, but not in any rush as it's not really causing any other problems.

I had this the other day, it came on and off for 2 days and now has gone.
You need to get it scanned and it will tell you what's wrong.

Hi,
I have a 2004 Audi A3 and my Abs and Traction control light come on after around 40mph and stay on until i turn the ignition off, anyone had this problem and possible causes? Also how I can fix this problem? Thanks

As already advised, it needs a scan tbh as there are various possible reasons for this, from steering rack, to abs sensors, bearings, steering angle sensor etc.

I have the exact same problem at the moment. Nightmare as I'm looking to sell up soon.

Same thing happened on my 55 TDI It needed a new abs unit there is an electronic part that is failing common I was told got a refurb part x unit all fitted by my local independent garage for £120.00