A3 Radio Fuse Location?

johncbradley1

Reaction score
My Audi Symphony radio will not turn on after the battery was disconnected. It has done this before and what I did to get it on was push a tape cassette into it and then it would boot up, but as you can see from the photo, this time the battery was disconnected with the cassette INSIDE :banghead:
Photo 3
So now my plan is to remove the radio fuse and replace it and see if that does anything.
1 problem.... I can't seem to find the fuse for the radio
Photo 2
Photo 1

As it says on the fuse numbers "FURTHER FUSES IN E-BOX AND AUXILIARY RELAY BRACKET"
Could the radio fuse be located there? If so, where is the E-Box?

P.S I do not have the manual

Thank you

The fuse is in engine bay next to battery under a slide locking cover.

Engine bay Fuses 8 and 9 are listed as audio and nav system in my haynes book of half-truths.

watch u dont drop a fuse in the engine bay as i have done one evening, hat to rip out batter, fuse box and all surrounds to retrieve it as it was getting very dark yay :)

Well... I fixed it.
This may be a bit hard to explain but I'll try my best: right so nob for the volume(left) was always sunk in a little bit (not as prominent as the tuner nob) and on numerous occasions I had tried pressing it in because usually that is where the 'on/off' button was, but it was just solid. Any way, after pulling the unit out and check the fuse (which was ok) I noticed the volume nob drop out a tiny bit and so I pulled it completely off and then pressed in the little bar thingy that it attaches too and hey presto! It turned on. I was extremely happy and at the same time annoyed that I had gone without music for so long and it only needed pressing on :happy:. Well now I've switched the nobs over so this will not happen again :)

Lol, so effectively it was muted, that's a new one, but hey glad all fixed.