*** GROUPBUY: Welldone HID for Audi A3 8P ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blazedani

After some threads in this & other Audi forums where users expressed their interest about a HID for Audi A3 8P that works & will be safe for the wiper motor.

And also because of the positive feedbacks from users in other forums where people tried & confirm that the Welldone HID is safe for the wiper motors I spoke to Quattrojames & he confirms that its ok to go ahead with a Group Buy.

Some Feedback from users:
VWVortex.com - Well-Done HID kits
VWVortex.com - Group Buy on Well Done HID kit

This kits are designed to avoid any interference with the electronics in your car & with the Audi A3 8 P in mind, but they can work also in other vehicles.

They do not produce any kind of interference, so if you have problems with other HID kits like ABS / ESP / radio signal… they will also fix this issues.

There are 2 different models:
- A38P which is manufactured by WelldoneHID
- OEM which is manufactured by VALEO in Europe & then modified by WelldoneHID to fit in the Audi A3.

- GROUP BUY PRICES: ** -20% Discount **

> A38P HID kits

A38P (2003-2009) --> 126.4€ [ £106]
www.welldonehid.com/en/HID-A38P

A38P Facelift (2010-2013) --> 144€ [ £121]
www.welldonehid.com/en/HID-H7-A38P-facelift

OEM --> 176€ [ £148 ]
www.welldonehid.com/en/HID-OEM

WIPER MOTOR FIX Audi A3 (also Golf V / Peugeot 407 / Volvo S40 - V50) --> 44€ [ £37 ]

www.welldonehid.com/en/Audi-A3-Wiper-Motor-Repair

> OTHER HID kits

WD01 --> 39.2€ [ £33 ]
www.welldonehid.com/Xenon-WD01

WG04 --> 79.2€ [ £66 ]
www.welldonehid.com/en/HID-WG04

WG08 --> 110.4€ [ £93 ]

www.welldonehid.com/en/HID-WG08

> HEADLIGHTS
(waiting for price)

The orders will be made directly in the website using a Coupon Code.

1. The product is not endorsed by ASN, and;
2. Any contract is between buyer and seller and ASN holds no liabilities with respect of either.

Last edited by a moderator:
For now there are some users interested from other forums.

1. npace (vortex)
2. jbrehm (vortex)
3. Worthlessbackup (vortex)
4. Jon TDI (vortex)

Reactions: ny tdi
Be prepared to fail your next mot with these fitted.

Reactions: RedDejavu
I see they have "plug and play" HID headlights for EUR 399 - do these have the levelling motors in them?

how can the mot'er tell if your using HID's or not tho? surely if you have no washers or auto levellers they would just think you have normal bulbs?
and i was under the impression it was only illegal having the washers and autoleveling equipped but not working, and the hids is fine?

*waiting to be told im wrong :p

JJ.

Reactions: sliced
not to **** on any ones bonfire here, but you can get this quaility of hud kit from ebay for over half the price listed here.

just sayin.

how can the mot'er tell if your using HID's or not tho? surely if you have no washers or auto levellers they would just think you have normal bulbs?
and i was under the impression it was only illegal having the washers and autoleveling equipped but not working, and the hids is fine?

*waiting to be told im wrong :p

JJ.

it's very easy to tell if the lights are HID as the warm up and initial turn on are very characteristic. OE installed HID lights are all projector type headlamps, most upgrade kits fit to lamos which are reflector type, in these the bulb is clearly visible.

The regulations used to state that if levelling and washing equipment is fitted it must be in good working order, think that revised regulations have modified that to say the are mandatory on HID type headlights.

Dave

http://www.partinfo.co.uk/files/MOT Changes - Lighting.pdf

"This raises the question of whether these checks apply to vehicles fitted with after-market HID
lighting kits. These kits convert conventional halogen headlamps to HID Xenon and they are
widely sold and fitted to vehicles used on the road. The Department for Transport considers
that after-market systems should be required to meet the same safety standards as that applied
in respect of these lamps at vehicle Type Approval. Therefore, in order to pass the MOT
test, vehicles fitted with after-market HID systems would also need to be fitted with headlamp
cleaning and self-levelling systems"

Last edited:
Considering -

1.How few people know what that little thumbwheel for adjusting the halogen lights is for, and
2.Bother to use it
3.How many people seem to think their lights are "set too low" and therefore have had at 'em with an allen key, and
4.How many people seem to drive round with one light so far out of alignment they must be blind not to notice, and
5. The fact that HIDs are so much brighter

I don't think it's too much to ask that they have auto-levelling fitted. However, like with daft re-arranged reg numbers on incorrect plates, etc someone will always think they know better and laws don't apply to them and realistically they aren't going to get caught.

I've seen some abortions of aftermarket HIDs and some that are technically illegal but ok.

If we carry on with this weapons race we're all going to blind each other - some of the cyclists are having a good go with the LEDs :)

Reactions: Artimus and Staz
Considering -

1.How few people know what that little thumbwheel for adjusting the halogen lights is for, and
2.Bother to use it
3.How many people seem to think their lights are "set too low" and therefore have had at 'em with an allen key, and
4.How many people seem to drive round with one light so far out of alignment they must be blind not to notice, and
5. The fact that HIDs are so much brighter

I don't think it's too much to ask that they have auto-levelling fitted. However, like with daft re-arranged reg numbers on incorrect plates, etc someone will always think they know better and laws don't apply to them and realistically they aren't going to get caught.

I've seen some abortions of aftermarket HIDs and some that are technically illegal but ok.

If we carry on with this weapons race we're all going to blind each other - some of the cyclists are having a good go with the LEDs :)

and all of those things wont pass a mot, which is what is being said

Got my HID's from Trups at EM TUNING (site sponsor). Been perfect! The 8L xenons are crap so swapped to a3 projectors and HID's are perfect!

Reactions: NHN
Got my HID's from Trups at EM TUNING (site sponsor). Been perfect! The 8L xenons are crap so swapped to a3 projectors and HID's are perfect!

That's because you have an Audi A38L, so you can install whatever HID you want.

If you had and A38P (2003-2012) your wiper motor will be broken already after using that HID.

This Group Buy is for Audi A3 8P HID (safe for the wiper motor). This is a totally different situation from the A3 8L.

not to **** on any ones bonfire here, but you can get this quaility of hud kit from ebay for over half the price listed here.

just sayin.

Yes, you can buy HID for half the price. But you will blow your wiper motor.

This is why we are talking abut HID kit "safe for the wiper motor".

- Can you find the OEM HID kits with VALEO ballast for £74 ?
- Can you find a HID kit that has proven to work on Audi A3 for £56?
- Can you fix your broken wiper motor for £18 ?

I hardly doubt you can find anything like it for half the price.
If you know where to find this products for half the price, please, let us know.

As far as I'm aware the 8p conversion kit is not instock.

Could be interested though

As far as I'm aware the 8p conversion kit is not instock. <br>
<br>
Could be interested though

Right, the A38P & OEM with H7 bulbs are sold out.
They will have it in 2 weeks aprox. (they need special bulbs for this HID kits)

So by the time we close the Group Buy they will be in stock &amp; they will ship it right away.

Are you interested in the A38P or the OEM version?

I add you to the list:
1. npace (vortex)
2. jbrehm (vortex)
4. Jon TDI (vortex)
5. blazedani --> OEM H7
6. smurfworth --> A38P ?

Maybe I am dim , but I don't understand the diff between the wiper motor safe and OE versions, I appreciate the ballast will be different but what practical differences are there? MY 2009 sportback.

Dave

Does the wiper motor fix work with any kit? For example, will the fix be permanent with my old kit, or do I still have to buy the welldone kit?

Right, the A38P & OEM with H7 bulbs are sold out.
They will have it in 2 weeks aprox. (they need special bulbs for this HID kits)

So by the time we close the Group Buy they will be in stock &amp; they will ship it right away.

Are you interested in the A38P or the OEM version?

ah I see, so £106 is the discounted price?

and it's the a3 8p version, H7 6000k

whats the difference between oem and a38p version?

OEM version has to be fitted to projectors and a38p version CAN be fitted to reflector housings?

I'm interested in the full headlight.... I am npace on vortex so please don't add me again, but I would like to know the cost... also when / how do we get the coupon code? Pm?

OEM version has to be fitted to projectors and a38p version CAN be fitted to reflector housings?

This needs to be answered.

We have 2 HID kits for Audi A3.

- A38P (made 100% by welldone)

- OEM (made by Valeo in France/Spain & then modified by welldone)
They are Plug & Play & they do not need any extra wires.

We use the OEM Valeo ballast, but the kit needs to be modified in order to fit the Audi A3 headlight.
Otherwise you wouldn't be able to fit the HID in your H7, H9, D2S Headlights.

We produce the cables & the special bulbs that are safe for the wiper motor.

this is a quote from an email i sent them, when i questioned it.

JJ.

Reactions: blazedani
That's because you have an Audi A38L, so you can install whatever HID you want.

If you had and A38P (2003-2012) your wiper motor will be broken already after using that HID.

This Group Buy is for Audi A3 8P HID (safe for the wiper motor). This is a totally different situation from the A3 8L.

well.. no **** Sherlock! I think I know the difference. I was just merely adding some input about HID's. and I'm sure Trups would know if it would break someone's wiper motors since he's a site sponsor. Anyway I'm not interfering with your group buy, some people are skeptical about HID's, I'm just saying that it's brilliant to have them, vision is greatly improved.

Does the wiper motor fix work with any kit? For example, will the fix be permanent with my old kit, or do I still have to buy the welldone kit?

No, you can't do that.
Such a "fix" it's imposible with the Audi A3.

If a HID kit blows your wiper motor is because it creates interferences with your car electronics.
The problem is related with the 26.000V start up, and there is no way to solve it using the same HID.

That's why they made an exclusive HID kit to work with the Audi A38P.

You can buy the Welldone A38P or the OEM Valeo kit.
Both will work in your A3 because they are 100% interference free.

Maybe I am dim , but I don't understand the diff between the wiper motor safe and OE versions, I appreciate the ballast will be different but what practical differences are there? MY 2009 sportback.

Dave

As JJ.Foulds says.

There are 2 HID kits for the Audi A3 (both safe for the wiper motor):

- A38P: Made by Welldonehid
- OEM: Made by Valeo & modified by Welldonehid.

There are not really huge practical differences.
Both will work good on the A3 & offer the same amount of light output aprox.
An OEM Ballast will have higher quality, what means longer life, faster start up.

Yes, £106 is the GB price.

The difference between the A38P & the OEM are the ballast. (welldonehid ballast or Valeo ballast)

Both A38P & OEM can be fitted in any headlight you want
(reflector, projector, halogen, xenon, bixenon... with H1, H7, H9, H11, D1S, D2S, D3S...)

It is highly recommended to use HID on projector headlights.

I'm interested in the full headlight.... I am npace on vortex so please don't add me again, but I would like to know the cost... also when / how do we get the coupon code? Pm?

still waiting for the headlights discount.
As soon as I get the info I will post it in the forum.

They will provide a Coupon Code to get the discount on the website.

Updated list:

1. npace (vortex) / Dr. NP --> A38P headlights
2. jbrehm (vortex)
4. Jon TDI (vortex)
5. blazedani --> OEM - H7 6k
6. smurfworth --> A38P - H7 6k

Please put me down for an OEM kit H7R, would also like HIDs in the main beam which I believe is also H7 but won't need a shielded bulb. If they can be supplied with metal based unshielded H7 bulbs then I'll have one of those too in OEM, both in 6K.

Dave

So.. I might be being a bit slow here - but how will these pass MOT?
I was under the impression that the new MOT rules said that HIDs have to be auto-leveling, etc?
I could potentially be interested in buying a set of OEM.

I was under the impression that the new MOT rules said that HIDs have to be auto-leveling, etc?

easy, take hid's out (undo 2 spade connectors and remove bulb) and put normal headlights back in. Once passed, reverse this step.

iv never known a car with aftermarket hids fail the mot
its all down to if washers etc are fitted and if they work
plus i think the prices for a groupe buy are a few to many ££££
i always use hids direct

Hi Guys,
still a newbie on here
I have a Sportback A3 Quattro S line facelift with a few mods
I can already tell you that the well done HID kit H7 is a great piece of kit
I have had for quite some time and it works wonderfully with no issues at all I use my wipers all the time you can chance it with one of this ****ty ebay kits but Well done - well the name says it all :)
I wouldn't want to be caught out in the rain with no working wipers just for the sake of a bit a wonga - the kit won't let you down buy it if you desire HIDs
I myself am interested in converting my facelift to the LED bixenon headlamp for the facelift -
DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO FOR A GROUP BUY ON THIS?
Regards
H4ldex

Last edited:
Reactions: blazedani
easy, take hid's out (undo 2 spade connectors and remove bulb) and put normal headlights back in. Once passed, reverse this step.
Ah - got you.

Another question - as I'm a HID/Xenon newbie:
Would it be a lot better if I change over to projector headlights (As I was thinking of getting some with LED DRL)? Or just keep the original headlights - I have an 8P1 (double grill) A3.

Ah - got you.

Would it be a lot better if I change over to projector headlights (As I was thinking of getting some with LED DRL)? Or just keep the original headlights - I have an 8P1 (double grill) A3.

Well, HID's are supposed to be in projector lens's, however whenever you are blinded out there on the road by stupidly bright lights you can guarantee they have them in the reflector lens. They work fine in a reflector housing, however the beam pattern isnt great, and its stupidly bright for oncoming traffic. (lovely to sit behind though).

whichever way you do it, its technically going to be illegal unless retrofitting the complete kit including levellers auto washers etc etc, but still, until the police enforce fines for having HID's it will carry on. That and lots of people on here get extremely upset about people retrofitting HID kits but still, nothing they can do to stop you!

Reactions: Yolo_8p3
Ah - got you.

Deffo get projector lenses, end of day, autho mot fail, its not going to blind other drivers etc.

JJ

Please put me down for an OEM kit H7R, would also like HIDs in the main beam which I believe is also H7 but won't need a shielded bulb. If they can be supplied with metal based unshielded H7 bulbs then I'll have one of those too in OEM, both in 6K.

Dave

As far as I know there is no H7R bulbs for this HID kits.

H7R HID bulbs are not mean to be install in halogen headlights either & so I don't think they will make a big difference comparing with another HID bulbs in reflector headlights.

The H7 bulbs have metal base.
Not sure what do you mean with "unshielded". not H7R?

Updated list:

2. jbrehm (vortex)
4. Jon TDI (vortex)
7. Dvapower --> A38P - H7 6k
8. Dvapower --> OEM - H7 6k

You are right.
HID must be installed with Auto-leveling & headlight washer.

There are 2 options:
- Install auto-leveling & headlight washer (with a "DC" headlight)
- Remove the HID bulbs for the MOT inspection (around 5 minutes)

This HID kits are easier to install than regular kits & everything fits inside the headlight.
No cables hanging from the rear of the headlight cover, no drilling holes, faster & cleaner installation.

I wrote your name on the list, if you change your mind there is no problem.
Just to see how many people might be interested.

Updated list:

2. jbrehm (vortex)
4. Jon TDI (vortex)
7. Dvapower --> A38P - H7 6k
8. Dvapower --> OEM - H7 6k
9. MattKeating --> OEM

H7R bulbs are simply H7 bulbs with a protective sleeve so that when they are fitted to reflector head lamps the beam pattern is more concisely controlled in the upper part to reduce glare. I have two HIDs direct kits here with the shielded bulbs and they work extremely well in reflector headlamps.

BTW I would like two OEM kits rather than one of each.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.