Bit the DSG Bullet

• Thread starter imported_RedSportback
  • Start date
I

imported_RedSportback

Well having thought long and hard and weighed up the opinion on DSG (Including all the negatives lol) I've gone an ordered a New Sportback with DSG. They say its never a good time to buy a new car, but I have to say I'm very pleased with the deal I had. Just have to wait till March now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Nice one, you will love it I'm sure - at least all the discussions on this forum will have given you an idea of what to expect so you will not be going into it blind!

I have the bright red sportback now, Just ordered the new garnet red colour. Or I should say it was chosen by my partner after I gave her a couple of choices.

Yep am lucky could go into purchasing it with eyes wide open having listened to all the arguments. So hopefully all will be good

[ QUOTE ]
Well having thought long and hard and weighed up the opinion on DSG (Including all the negatives lol) I've gone an ordered a New Sportback with DSG. They say its never a good time to buy a new car, but I have to say I'm very pleased with the deal I had. Just have to wait till March now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done! You will enjoy every minute!

I'm sure you will find it adds a new level of enjoyment to your driving. Even after 18 months, whenever I nudge the lever forward under full power and get a fast perfect change, it still brings a smile to my face.

[ QUOTE ]
You won't regret it, despite what Bowfer says!

Morning Bowfer........

[/ QUOTE ]

A bold statement.
You going to offer him a refund if he grows to hate it ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Morning Bowfer........

[/ QUOTE ]

A bold statement.
You going to offer him a refund if he grows to hate it ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness Bowfer, Do you think you'd feel differently about DSG in say a GTI or R32 or A3 3.2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Morning Bowfer........

[/ QUOTE ]

A bold statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness Bowfer, Do you think you'd feel differently about DSG in say a GTI or R32 or A3 3.2

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if it was programmed differently (which some claim it is in the R32)

In fact,the lack of proper manual control would probably infuriate me even more in a sportier car.

Ive been a manual man for all my life , and its only now that with the DSG i mate the move to my DSG,

Can be a pain sometimes in D, when it seletcs 6th at 28 mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif but you scan always select S and let it take you on a ride of your life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or use the gear lever - Up/Down

Or hey Use the Paddles ont he steering colum when on the back lanes.

Lots of choices, will keep you very happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Been using DSG for 2 years...
Very good except , poor 'creep' at low speeds...

Wait till you try the launch control....wow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif