Intermittent DRL

trailer

Reaction score
It looks like I have an intermittent DRL on the drivers side. It came up with the warning light on the console info a few weeks ago but went off an hour or so later. All good since then. Today I was out and after about 30 minutes the warning came on again and the DRL was off. The rest of the headlight works OK. The car is garaged and today was a dry day. I'd be grateful of any suggestions if it's possible to fix or is it a case of changing out the whole unit?

Thanks in advance.

A3 2.0TDI Quattro Sportback Black Edition, 59 plate.

Last edited:
i know on the B8 its a unit change
not 100% on the A3

Cheers.
I was hoping it wouldn't be but there you go! I'm guessing my next question is how do I identify which unit I have/need and any recommended places to get the replacement from. It also appears to be a fairly big job to change it over, taking the bumper off etc, if my searching around is correct?

Thanks again.

theres a company on ebay that change the drl strip in the headlamp for like £100, let me see if i can find out more info

think his ebay name is vag-dvi

Thanks for that. It looks like he just does the repairs for the A6 but I'll drop them a question to see if they can help.

Reactions: sliced
This is the unit that I have. Just in case anyone has any other suggestions or it is not repairable.

Attachments

• photo-7.jpg
    photo-7.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 163
cheers do let us know how you get on!

Well VAG-DVI got back to me in double quick time but he states that he only does A6 lights so I guess it's a replacement(?)