• 1 Post By OVRA3
  • 1 Post By S3_Jacko
  • 1 Post By leeds2592
  • 1 Post By OVRA3
  • 1 Post By Sandra
  • 1 Post By S3_Jacko
  • 1 Post By t8ups
  • 1 Post By S3_Jacko

Thread: is there any that can help me do coming and leaving home feature on my a3

Neutral

Status

is there any that can help me do coming and leaving home feature on my a3

Is there anyone in west Yorkshire that can do coming and leaving home feature,I will pay good money thanks very much
    S3_Jacko likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilalmalik View Post
    Is there anyone in west Yorkshire that can do coming and leaving home feature,I will pay good money thanks very much
    pm NHN he is a site sponsor and travels/supplies/fits. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Neutral

Status
    It's a pretty simple mod to do if you've got vcds. I did it on my previous S3, it was just a case of running one wire and grounding it.

The only issue was that seen as though I didn't have the auto lights it was active during the day. Could be disabled through the menu though. It used to put the main dipped beam on as opposed to side lights and fogs on the newer models. I knocked it off because I was concerned about the life of my xenon bulbs.

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    cominghomelights - Audi Retrofit

This is the guide if you fancy having a go at it yourself. I'm going to give it a go on my A3 as it's hardly expensive. If it's a success and you still haven't had yours done, I'll give you a shout as I'm only in Leeds.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

07 170 DSG

Status
    I got bellowed at this moning, in the dark, you've left your lights on.....lol
    OVRA3 likes this.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE69 View Post
    I got bellowed at this moning, in the dark, you've left your lights on.....lol
    Happened to me the other morning in the car park by a woman in a TT
    LEE69 likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnii View Post
    It's a pretty simple mod to do if you've got vcds. I did it on my previous S3, it was just a case of running one wire and grounding it.

The only issue was that seen as though I didn't have the auto lights it was active during the day. Could be disabled through the menu though. It used to put the main dipped beam on as opposed to side lights and fogs on the newer models. I knocked it off because I was concerned about the life of my xenon bulbs.
    This is some quite interesting reading... just need a bit of info then..

Can you do this, when your car doesnt have auto lights? I'm assuming the come home lights would just be on all the time and not just night in that case

Do you just leave your headlights switched on when leaving the car and they'll automatically time out? or can you switch your headlights off and they would still come on?

And if you get the coding done in the manner suggested, what exact lights turn on when your out the car?

I don't know anything about this at all, but its very interesting and could be a new wee project... Cheers

5th Gear

Status
    It's quite an easy mod to do I've got a 2005 sportback and the the lights will come on day or night because it doesn't have the sensor which doesn't worry me. It's the dipped beam that comes on sidelights and rear lights etc you can set the timing 30 seconds on mine. They come on automatically you don't leave the lights in the on position. When you turn off the car and open the door they come one. Likewise when you unlock they come on until you shut the door.

They only issue I had getting it to work it didn't after coding work straight away I had to unplug the lights from under the dash and plug them in again to reset them and then they worked perfectly.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OVRA3 View Post
    It's quite an easy mod to do I've got a 2005 sportback and the the lights will come on day or night because it doesn't have the sensor which doesn't worry me. It's the dipped beam that comes on sidelights and rear lights etc you can set the timing 30 seconds on mine. They come on automatically you don't leave the lights in the on position. When you turn off the car and open the door they come one. Likewise when you unlock they come on until you shut the door.

They only issue I had getting it to work it didn't after coding work straight away I had to unplug the lights from under the dash and plug them in again to reset them and then they worked perfectly.
    Excellent.. Sounds like a wee interesting project to give a bash.. Another question that might be a bit daft.. the coding on that thread, is it the same on the s3 aswell as the a3 cause its got the self levelling xenons?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    Excellent.. Sounds like a wee interesting project to give a bash.. Another question that might be a bit daft.. the coding on that thread, is it the same on the s3 aswell as the a3 cause its got the self levelling xenons?
    That I cannot answer but I know people have done it with the xenons so I guess it's not wildly different

5th Gear

Status
    That I cannot answer but I know people have done it with the xenons so I guess it's not wildly different
    ahh worth giving it a bash anyway.. I suppose the coding can always be changed back to normal, if it doesnt work eh? Got quoted off a guy in Glasgow to do the coding for £50 there... that sound about right or is that expensive?

5th Gear

Status
    ahh worth giving it a bash anyway.. I suppose the coding can always be changed back to normal, if it doesnt work eh? Got quoted off a guy in Glasgow to do the coding for £50 there... that sound about right or is that expensive?
    Expensive I paid my vw tech 30 quid with the wire to do it, takes 15 mins if you know what you are doing I watched him do it then wished I had just done it and I'm not technical in the slightest

5th Gear

Status
    Expensive I paid my vw tech 30 quid with the wire to do it, takes 15 mins if you know what you are doing I watched him do it then wished I had just done it and I'm not technical in the slightest
    I've no idea how to do the coding at all... so i'm not sure.. that guy said he'd take an hrs labour charge for doing it and to be honest I thought it was pretty expensive, spesh nowing the codes and knowing it wouldnt take him an hr... i've pm'd Mark@brotek to see if he does it
    Sandra likes this.

Status

My Social Networking

For just the coding, that sounds quite expensive. I'm sure if you stick a thread up on here, a member would be able to help you out for some beer tokens.
    S3_Jacko likes this.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

5th Gear

Status
    I've no idea how to do the coding at all... so i'm not sure.. that guy said he'd take an hrs labour charge for doing it and to be honest I thought it was pretty expensive, spesh nowing the codes and knowing it wouldnt take him an hr... i've pm'd Mark@brotek to see if he does it
    Anyone who knows there way around vcds will be able to do it. It really easy if you know vcds
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Try gazthesparky he is in glasgow. x
    S3_Jacko likes this.

Status
    Anyone who knows there way around vcds will be able to do it. It really easy if you know vcds

Dan should be able to do for you, just pm him. Details below.

View Profile: gen.heinz guderian - Audi-Sport.net

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Try gazthesparky he is in glasgow. x
    Cheers Sandra.. Always lurking in the shadows you little information demon you x
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Cheers Sandra.. Always lurking in the shadows you little information demon you x
    Im very proactive, like to help you guys out and save you time and money. x

5th Gear

Status
    I can supply you the repair with earth end for £4 posted?

trups
    S3_Jacko likes this.
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks

Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    I can supply you the repair with earth end for £4 posted?

trups
    Sounds good to me trups.. how do I get a hold of it?
    t8ups likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    paypal is fine, trups_27@hotmail.com

please make sure there is a postal address on the payment.

please send £4 as a gift, will make up tonight and post 1st class in the morning.

Thanks
    Trups
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks

EM Tuning Lighting.

5th Gear

Status

please send £4 as a gift, will make up tonight and post 1st class in the morning.

Thanks
    Trups

Leave it with me the now mate, i'll get it sorted for the weekend

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry for hi-jacking your thread a wee bit buddy

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry to jump in again, but does anyone know the factory timing for this for both channels?

Neutral

Status
    Sorry for hi-jacking your thread a wee bit buddy
    Haha no worries matey

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    cominghomelights - Audi Retrofit

This is the guide if you fancy having a go at it yourself. I'm going to give it a go on my A3 as it's hardly expensive. If it's a success and you still haven't had yours done, I'll give you a shout as I'm only in Leeds.
    Thanks a lot buddy let me know how it goes

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks
    Trups
    I'll have one of these off you. Will save me a trip to Audi.

Thanks a lot buddy let me know how it goes
    Will do mate. If I get the wire this week, I should be able to crack on and give it a go on Saturday.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport

07 170 DSG

Status
    Sorry to jump in again, but does anyone know the factory timing for this for both channels?
    Just play around with how many seconds is good for you, mine is set to 10 seconds each

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE69 View Post
    Just play around with how many seconds is good for you, mine is set to 10 seconds each
    When I activated mine on my old S3 through VCDS it gave me the option to adjust the length through the DIS, is this not the case for you?

07 170 DSG

Status
    No, not on my DIS

Neutral

Status
    Is there anybody in the Midlands that has done this? I'd love to do this to mine but not got a clue and don't really fancy giving it a go!

Cheers

Steve

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    I'll have one of these off you. Will save me a trip to Audi.

Will do mate. If I get the wire this week, I should be able to crack on and give it a go on Saturday.
    it will also save you having to cut and solder the terminal. I have also done this long enough so you can connect it to the earth points under the side trim if you want a solid earth.

Trups

EM Tuning Lighting.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stefoster View Post
    Is there anybody in the Midlands that has done this? I'd love to do this to mine but not got a clue and don't really fancy giving it a go!

Cheers

Steve
    Not sure if anyone has cracked this on the facelift cars yet. think its just coding on 2009+ cars but some say it worked and on some it never.

trups

EM Tuning Lighting.

Neutral

Status
    Not sure if anyone has cracked this on the facelift cars yet. think its just coding on 2009+ cars but some say it worked and on some it never.

trups
    Thanks Trups - would love to hear from anyone who has done this.