Audi Service Advisories

SCFC_Messiah

Reaction score
Hi guys

As part of a rust warranty claim I was forced to have an Audi service to re-establish my 'brand loyalty'.... anyway, they've come back with a couple of advisories; 'NSF flexi hose damaged' and 'Oil leak from gearbox (os driveshaft flange)'

Just wondering if you guys could give me a rough idea of what it would cost to get these repaired at a local garage rather than through the dealership? Also, does it really require urgent attention as the advisory notice claims? The advisory notice with Audi repair cost quotation can be seen in the link below

Thanks as always

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9614/7tmg.jpg

Pardon my french but ****** hell!!!!!!

Ignore the grand total. That includes quotes for replacing the front and rear disks which are apparently on their way out, as well as the NSR brake which is binding.... a whopping £789 if I wanted to get that done through them

Then a further £322 for the flexi hose and driveshaft oil leak

Not worried about the discs and brakes, I can sort them out myself. Just not sure what to expect to pay for the flexi hose and driveshaft seal at a regular garage!?

i didnt see it mention the KY

:laugh:

I can't fault their service to be fair. They've done a top job respraying the side of the car after rust appeared at the bottom of the drivers door and I was given a brand new (less than 100 miles on the clock) A6 SLine to drive around in for the week while the work was being carried out. Really can't fault their service.... they just need to half their labour costs

i didnt see it mention the KY

They must have missed it out its great for lubricating the output shaft seal before it's pushed in to the box!

not a bad lob to do but you need the vag long Allen key to remove the bolt and when you pull it be prepared for a gush of tranny fluid.

Reactions: S3_Jacko