GROUP BUY CTS Turbo Cold Air Intake

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Evening all. I have not long been given dealership status with CTS Turbo and they have just manufactured a new intake for the 2.0TFSi. Very similar to afew makes kicking about but its the gains that are quite impressive. I was thinking of getting one for the S3 and then do a group buy.........PM me if interested as its cheap with my discount.

CTS Turbo intake systems utilize the OEM air scoop to seamlessly force air into a sealed airbox. This allows for cool air to flow through our high flow cone air filter, which utilizes an inverted cone design for maximum engine breathing. All of the components included in the CTS air intake system work flawlessly together to provide increased horsepower and torque throughout the entire power band and an aggressive race inspired sound.

Mandrel bent aluminum piping with black powder coating
CNC machined MAF flange and DV bung
Reusable air filter with inverted cone design
4 Ply silicon connectors with stainless steel clamps
Sealed air box with rubberized trim
Bracketry to prevent rattling under engine torquing
Gains ranging from 9-15HP

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: wuta3 and NHN
Does the piping have some heat resistant coating on, as its obviously coated, but not sure if that's just for aesthetic reasons :)

Damnit was looking for a group buy and couldnt find one so i just bought a revo intake! Still not complaining though im sure its on par with this.

Right then just been in conference with CTS Turbo and if I can get an order of 6 intake kits total price including shipping etc etc etc will be £250. I spoke to the owner who has one fitted to his Golf R and he thinks it sounds amazing and gives very good gains over stock intake. If you want one then PM me and I shall give you payment methods.......paypal gift, card payment, cash are all good for me.

the one in the pic has a heat shield is that part of the deal?
got some stuff to shift first mini parts, parrot kit, mountain bike, golf and caddy stuff detailing stock I have hoarded to much lol but if i can sell it I will be interested as its different and i like that.

Reactions: Brodster
I wonder if you could layer the coatings, to make it even more heat resistant.

looked at some you tube vids of this and cant really tell how loud they are ?
would be interested but not if its silly loud , has anyone sampled one ?
is the price inclusive of delivery ?

Yes the price is inclusive of delivery and yes the heatshiled is also available at an extra £25 and its brushed aluminium. I've had lots of comments about that heatshield so CTS have them in stock so will make it part of the kit so if you want one then let me know but there there is a slight additional charge. I also asked how loud it was and they commented that it was one of the quietest intakes compared to others on the market.......there is noise but nothing too distracting. Hope all this helps.

OK guys need another 2 for this group buy and then its ordering time. Im on holiday again on Friday for a week so would prefer to order them before I go so if interested PM me. Cheers

Everyone that PM'd me if your still interested need you guys to commit to this group buy as will be ordering the intakes when I return from holiday week Saturday.

Have they fixed the DV return bung problem ?

Last edited:
Why do some people have to make blatantly stupid comments on sponsors group buys.......I don't care if its a copy.......they are all based on the same principle are they not and at the price I have arranged you cant grumble really. With 15 posts to your tally I would shuffle off and look up the word 'Etiquette' in the dictionary. If members want to buy it, then its their prerogative is it not????

Last edited:
Reactions: phil76
So because I'm new in here I'm not allowed to ask a question that I figure you have no clue about what I mean ?

Your comment is valid now seeing as you have deleted some of it as stating its a copy and buy another version isnt really PC is it??? Your bung comment will be addressed

Have they fixed the DV return bung problem ?

Kimhemm here is the answer to your question - "The revised CTS Turbo intakes now have a DV bung in the same position as the stock for Golf R, S3, ED30 etc so there are absolutely no fitment issues for RHD applications. Prior to these we had an adapter, which are no longer required due to the redesign and release of the CTS-IT-105. These new intakes make for a much cleaner and easier install"

Hope this is what you were after.

That's a pretty cool looking piece of kit, Mark! Makes me miss tinkering with my S3 :(. Hope you're well, Buddy. :wub: xx

Im well Paullie. Hope you are too hun. Im up in your area quite alot remapping cars so might pop in and have a cuppa next time Im up.....you up for breaking out the tea n biccies???

Right youz lot.....the 1st batch of CAI's have arrived and now all ready for courier pick-up tomorrow. I have just been asked to get some more so this I shall do. So if anyone missed the 1st group buy then now is your chance to get on it for the 2nd batch. Price is £275 including the CTS brushed metal turbo heatshield. Timescale is approx 10 days from ordering to recieving the items so PM me if you want one.

First impressions are very good especially build quality. Im gonna be fitting my one this week so will get back to you all with results.

So, does it come with a pipe near the turbo to connected to the DV on K04 cars as I don't understand the DV bung comment above?

Anyone have any before / after dyno runs?

Looks like a clean and simple solution IMO.

The initial problem with the DV bung was that the elbow was out of position on the pipework for R/H drive cars. This issue was rectified when it was raised and no other tech issues have been raised since the new modified intakes have been introduced.

What is the internal diameter of the tubing? Was about to pull the trigger on the AMD CAI with heat shield, but this is a fair bit cheaper. Any comparison been done on relative performance to other kits available?

Well this and the turbo heatshield are £275 so a good saving to be had. I was supposed to be fitting mine yesterday on the S3 but Mrs B. took it to work as I had promised to detail her car so Friday I will be fitting the intake and heatshield so I shall pop up results.

Last edited:
Here are some measuremments for you Elrao.

1. Max internal diameter of cone filter = 10cms
2. Length of filter = 16cms
3. Internal diameter of piping = 7cms at inlet & outlet and constant through the length of intake piping.

Hope this is what you were after

Well all I can say is...........brilliant product. Fitted my intake the other day and what a difference its made to the driveability of the S3. I also fitted the PCV revamp kit so the car is running real sweet.

Review by an ASN member who bought one:-

"Intake came yesterday and got set about it right away. Was a breeze to fit. Instantly, the sound is fantastic and twinned with the Milltek system I have it sounds lovely. Able to hear the turbo more and it gives a nice woosh when you let off the power. Love it. Feeling some low and mid range differences. A bit more responsive from the get up and go and seems to pull more confidently at mid revs. The cars going in to get the runner flap delete kit at the end of the month so will get the map altered to suit. Will let you know what difference in power it made over the panel filter. But anyway, thanks.. definetely happy with it"

Reactions: NHN
I think the overall difference for me just by looking at the product on facebook, is the actual design of the air feed, well thought out & simplistic in nature, how intakes should be designed imho, afterall its the air they need to be so effective.

Ok youz lot......its that time again. Due to more interest I am going to be putting in another order with CTS Turbo for another batch of these intakes and the turbo heatshields. PM me for payment details and info.

Below is a picture of my S3 with the intake and heatshield fitted and the Revo PCV Revamp kit.

Reactions: Dan-Jnr
Pictures paint a thousand words lol

Reactions: Brodster
Thats no bad mate. In fact you can make up that £75 with a variety of detailing goodies IF you have any left mate as I didnt get round to having a look in the garage. Its just an idea to help you out.