Air ride boot install pics please, car booked in with LOW STANDARD anyone used them ?

TDI140

Reaction score

Air ride kit i bought it will be installed with chassis notch and boot set up, its an air lift 4 way manual system with accuair skinny tank which was bought separate for extra

Will post pics after install cant wait im excited
also if you have air ride can you post pics of boot set ups so i can get a few ideas
thanks

Reactions: pwilliamson1991 and sliced
Thanks will take a look pal

Will be keeping an eye on this one!

Will look great when installed (y)

Reactions: TDI140
Will finall have some stance when its fitted,
does anyone know whether i can swap my 4way switches for thhe 2 valve switches ?
4 wayImage This switch controls each bag separately

2 way switch Image This switch will control front bags together and rears together will give a more accurate ride height, does anyone know if i can used the two way switches instead of the 4 way as if i can i will buy the two way switches there only £50

thanks

I'd save a bit more and get an electronic management if I were you. Would save faffing about with switches all the time and you can choose the duration that you want the compressor running to save on the noise.

As good as this site is, there's not many people with air, probably better heading over to ED38 for a few ideas.

Keep us updated on this though, desperately want air in my life :sorry:

I'd save a bit more and get an electronic management if I were you. Would save faffing about with switches all the time and you can choose the duration that you want the compressor running to save on the noise.
id be happy with 2 way manual switches and later on i will add another compressor to the set up, but need to know if i can use the 2 way switches instead if 4way

For some reason I think air looks sooo much nicer on sportbacks!

IMG_1590_zpsf8fef775.jpg

ba46c4e6573b7c12b58dd49ea8afb750_zpsab4dfbaf.jpg

heres mine dude, all built on me driveway and all, I've seen a few examples of low standards work and you'll be in good hands,
but if anything you'll have less control over height with a 2 way system then a four way, and it'll handle like a boat as the air will be able to move from side to side between the bags

Reactions: AudiSBE, danb986 and TDI140
IMG_1590_zpsf8fef775.jpg

ba46c4e6573b7c12b58dd49ea8afb750_zpsab4dfbaf.jpg

heres mine dude, all built on me driveway and all, I've seen a few examples of low standards work and you'll be in good hands,
but if anything you'll have less control over height with a 2 way system then a four way, and it'll handle like a boat as the air will be able to move from side to side between the bags
very tidy work mate, my set up will be similar to yours, andy from low standards rang me and said the exact same thing you said he said the 4way is way better in everyway and knly upgrade frim that is v2 but thats like £800 or accuair e level tahts £1000 so sometkmes jn future i will be upgrading to one of the two but ill be happy with 4way and then its time to save for s3 cooler and hard pipe kit

Car looks awesome btw rare colour looks amazing 👌

I know very little about air, but love the look and idea of it.
What's the ride like compared to the standard suspension? Is it bouncy or harder or anything? Do you lose some of the handling?
I'm happy with the ride quality and handling of my BE, would the air compromise any of this?

I know very little about air, but love the look and idea of it.
What's the ride like compared to the standard suspension? Is it bouncy or harder or anything? Do you lose some of the handling?
I'm happy with the ride quality and handling of my BE, would the air compromise any of this?
ill tell you as soon as its fitted ill also post pics on this thread air is awesome though thats one thing i do know

Cheers guys it's garnet red, really impressed with it for a standard audi colour, as for the handling, yeah it's not as planted going round a corner as I've got the slam kit which loses the ARB, but you can now get the performance kits which keep the ARB and are meant to be very good, as for going down the motorway or normal driving, the ride is amazing, like your driving on a cushion of air! You don't get no wheels scrubbing, you can easily have a few people in the back, you can get over speed humps, into car parks, and the look on peoples faces when you drop it at a petrol station or at a set of traffic lights will never get old!

Reactions: leeds2592, Ironborn and smurfworth
Haah air ride sounds amazing cant wait till its fitted

Its going on the 28th as andy from low standard is on holiday, but its gonna be gone for a week 😞 but will come back lowww

also if anybody is interested in my H&R lowering springs just PM me i want £130ono only been on car since february

Are they doing a chassis notch when they fit it?

Its going on the 28th as andy from low standard is on holiday, but its gonna be gone for a week ������ but will come back lowww

also if anybody is interested in my H&R lowering springs just PM me i want £130ono only been on car since february

I hate waiting lol... Ordered a new iphone 5s the on the release day last month; will be at least the 1st of November before I get it ;_;

Jesus! who you order that with? i ordered a 64gb Gold one on day of release and got it the tuesday after with Three

I hate waiting lol... Ordered a new iphone 5s the on the release day last month; will be at least the 1st of November before I get it ;_;
haha tell me about it i hate waiting too ive been driving around with the air ride in my boot lol because i want to keep it close to me lmao

Reactions: pwilliamson1991
I opted for Airlift V2 on my S3 a few months ago with the Accuair slimline tank as the one supplied with the Airlift kit looks awful.
Kept the boot install nice and simple as i wanted a useable boot as the car is my daily. I will be upgrading the hard lines at some point, as im not too keen on the copper.
I was worried about the handling as i like to drive the car properly, but Airlift offers performance struts with dampening / camber adjustment and retain the ARB so i was sold and i cant fault them, feels just the same if not better than my H&R springs i previously had on. Anyway, heres a few pics. (More in instagram if anyones interested @bradraistrick)

7b1fc77c-3f44-4cb5-b232-d9df19971e3f.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

Reactions: pwilliamson1991, TDI140 and leeds2592
Ive got the same air lift tank but not got v2 :-(, but 4way manual install is booked for 28th but probably upgrade later on to the v2

That's lovely:wub:

Just followed you on Instagram.

Cheers mate, its in desperate need of wheels now though!

Ive got the same air lift tank but not got v2 :-(, but 4way manual install is booked for 28th but probably upgrade later on to the v2

Sure you'll love it once its done, have you gone for the performance struts or are you removing the front ARB?

Removing ARB i think i have bought the set up second hand paid £800 for it all just in need of a few minor bits which andy from low standard is supplying, also my boot set up will be similar to yours but boot floor will be raised so i can keep my spare wheel and top of the tank will be showing

Car is back with air ride install wicked fitting and looks great will upload pics tomorrow

Reactions: leeds2592
Few pics of insall - still only on winter wheels so dont laugh lol

Quick question anyone know when i raise the car how long i have to wait before i can move off ? Is it when the gauges settle at the psi i wish to ride ? Or do i physically need to get out the car and see if car is high enough to move ?
Thansk

Reactions: br20vt
TDI140 - Looks good dude. Need some better pics so we can really see how low it is. Did you get notch done as well?

Grimp - Have you got Bentleys on your A3? Sure I've seen it over on ED38. Stunning car!

Thats morning pic ^ after bags have dropped 10psi over night

I run 57psi ish in front
and 60psi in rear bags for daily driving
will get slammed pic very soon need to wash car first ( they are winter wheels dont laugh lol)
but over night all bags lose about 10 psi is that normal ? When im driving i don't lose any air at all just the gauges obviously move around when driving as thats normal due to moving over bumpy road surface, does this happen to anyone else its not a serious problem just wondering