ESP

chipmunk82

Reaction score
I bought my 2.0 FSI a couple months ago, and having a few issues. The rev counter was sticking and the ESP light didn't work, sent it off for repair and its come back now and works, however the ESP light is permanently on.
It might just be that I'd disconnected the battery, but on the invoice it says ESP LED replaced and alien adhesive removed to block LED illumination, which makes me think there's more to it. There was a 18322 code in the engine section which might be the culprit but my vcds lite won't read any of the other functions so I've got it booked in at the garage to be diagnosed Friday as a quick fix but I was planning to buy the full version at somepoint.
It also keeps going into safe mode on the stereo and clock resets, which so far has only happened when the car sits which has me a bit baffled, all the fuses seem ok.

I bought it from a trader so depending on what the outcome is might have to ask if he will take it back and do the work on it but it wasn't local so if easy to fix could be cheaper than petrol but a part of me thinks it's principle.
The MOT is up in December and I'm not sure if the ESP light on is a failure?

Sort of losing the love for it and tempted to go back to a golf! :(

3 codes came up at the garage in the brakes section.00810, 00778 and 01423Cleared them and they came straight back, ESP light still on. At somepoint overnight again the car went into safe mode, but still starts up just needs clocks adjusting again and code for radio. Anybody have any experience with this please? Thanks