HID-Xenon Ballast

CA51HAM

Reaction score
The ballast appears to have gone in both sides of my 2006 2.0TDI A3. It's the S-Line with auto adjust. I'm needing to know exactly what type of bulbs these take? I simply can't afford the main dealer prices so I'm trying to locate either ballast online such as ebay or complete aftermarket kits to fit in as a replacement. Any help would be hugely appreciated as the MOT is also fast approaching!

Thanks,

James

The ballast appears to have gone in both sides of my 2006 2.0TDI A3. It's the S-Line with auto adjust. I'm needing to know exactly what type of bulbs these take? I simply can't afford the main dealer prices so I'm trying to locate either ballast online such as ebay or complete aftermarket kits to fit in as a replacement. Any help would be hugely appreciated as the MOT is also fast approaching!

Thanks,

James

Bulbs can't be checked with by a multimeter however I would swap your bulbs around I would have thought it would have been unlikely for 2 ballasts to fail without a common problem .
do you have vcds to scan it for codes.

The left often flashes and flickers until it goes out....and sometimes the right will do. They have been doing it for the past 18 months but getting worse. They would never both go out, until last week! When they did, a little bit scary!

If you turn the lights off then on again then they will come back on, then start the process over again.