FK Automotive Grill

jphc

RS6 Dreamin'
Reaction score
Has anyone else bought one of these recently?

Ordered mine 2 months ago and it's on back order (with no ETA), but I'm sick of waiting. My current grill is damaged and it's a repair as well as an upgrade, but at this point I just want a new grill.

I'm grumpy! Where else can I get a black grill for around £50?

edit: 08 8P 2.0tdi SportBack SE (Pre Facelift)

J

Reactions: T33_BKD
have you ordered it direct from the german site?? I'm sure mine was with me within 7 days

have you ordered it direct from the german site?? I'm sure mine was with me within 7 days

Yeah. They haven't been particularly helpful, to be honest.

Very disappointed with their service.

honestly I've not heard of anyone else having such trouble, so its quite unlucky, the only suggestion is ebay really, though I doubt it'd be brand new at £50

there are black ones on ebay for £55 ish. Ill find the link

there are black ones on ebay for £55 ish. Ill find the link

Just had a look on FK and they have updated it. More stock in on 25/11/13. I'd rather get a refund and pay £55 to get it sooner. If you could find that link it would be fantastic.

aye just found the badgeless one while searching for the other.

pity about the badge holder think its moulded in isnt it?

you could chop the badge holder off with a hacksaw blade Id say. as its underneath the slat.

you could chop the badge holder off with a hacksaw blade Id say. as its underneath the slat.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe I could get something other than a S-Line or Quattro badge to sit in there instead?

little A3 badge might be nice.

it does look like it would cut off if you were neat though. I saw it and wanted it for my S3 but wont fit boo

I'll probably take flak for this as alot of people have bought one but the FK grill's are rubbish, when I was looking for a black grill I purchased one and after attempting to fit it, it went straight in the bin! They are made of very cheap plastic (which caused the clips not to retain their shape fail to click in place properly) and the finish looks tacky.

I ended up buying a genuine grill sprayed black by a bodyshop, looks far better. Just my 2 cents!

J,

Looking at the FK site I believe I have the one you want in my garage. Bought it earlier in the year for my 2007 s-line but then decided to spray my existing grill. Also bought the Audi 4 rings to attach.

I am in Rayleigh, Essex if you want to see it and take away for a small amount.

Kevin

J,

Looking at the FK site I believe I have the one you want in my garage. Bought it earlier in the year for my 2007 s-line but then decided to spray my existing grill. Also bought the Audi 4 rings to attach.

I am in Rayleigh, Essex if you want to see it and take away for a small amount.

Kevin

Kevin,

Thank you so much, I'll PM you now!

I brought one of them with the badge clip on it from that guy on eBay, the clip just bends and snaps off. The annoying thing is when it arrived all the guy does is places an order with FK automotive and gets it shipped direct to you, so he's paying £20ish and charging you £55 plus delivery. So don't buy from him your just getting ripped off.

I got one which I never fitted, can have it for £25 + p&p