Help on front bumper change!!!

CrisCronin

Reaction score
I know this has been covered so much on the Audi Forum's but no where is really definitive with 'what' can go on 'what...

I have a 2005 double grilled A3 and I'd like to upgrade the front, now i understand that i need a different bonnet, grill, crash bar ect and am looking at this kind of shape..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-S-LINE-2009-12-FRONT-BUMPER-GENUINE-AUDI-PART-T-/131004965572?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Cars+Year%3A2008|Car+Make%3AAudi|Model%3AA3&hash=item1e808122c4

but I'm just not sure what versions of bumpers I can fit. for example will the 2009 Sline fit? ect
Also are the lights the same shape throughout 2005 - 2009 or is there differences?

Thanks in advance everyone!

For that bumper you need new lights, bonnet and wings etc. Doesn't matter if it's an S-Line, SE/Sport or S3 front bumper.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Is there any shape bumper i can fit without changing my lights? I have factory xenon's at the minute a love them so not in the mood for changing them yet.

You upgrade from 8p1(2003-2005) to 8p2(2006 - 2008) with just the bumper/bonnet/grill.

that can be standard, s-line or S3 front bumper.

Yes that's correct - I'll have to use that system. Do other members go by that??

Oh that's great, the one I want is the 8P2 S-line. so just for others that are searching for this (correct me if I'm wrong) you will need:

• Bumper (with headlight washers if you have OEM Xenon)
  • Bonnet
  • Single Grill
  • Fog Surrounds
  • Crash Bar

apologies J8TT X I have only just seen your post.

Is there a decent right up on the change?

Hi from Croatia, great forum. First of all i'm not trying to steal this thread cris, just want help as you without open another bumper topic (and there are many already). I own 2008 a3 sportback 1.9 tdie (pre facelift) and want s3 front bumper. It's hard to find used one and new oem one is out of my budget, so please can someone give me advice which one of these two is better in your opinion, did someone buy it?? Here are links:
CSR-Automotive Tuningshop - Stoßstange Frontstoßstange Audi A3 8PA Sportback FSK165

Audi A3 8P S3-Line Front Bumper

Thanks in advance, regards!
PS. sorry on my english.

apologies J8TT X I have only just seen your post.

Is there a decent right up on the change?

theres a couple of write ups on this forum.
But you don't need one really.

Just swap the bonnet and Bumper. don't need to change the crash bar (only for S3 bumper)

Also you would need new fog lights, the old ones wont fit the s-line bumper.

Thanks, Shouldn't be too bad if you don't need any instructions; famous last words though!

Last question though- Is it the lamp that needs changing or is it the lamp and plastic surround??

Once I've done it I'll post some pictures :) Thanks guys

If you have the OEM bi-xenons (If they are self-leveling) then i'm positive you'll need to get a bumper with head light washers...

I'm not sure, but you might be able to get these seperate and install them...

sorry to high jack.... im looking to do the same thing... i know i need to change the bumper and bonnet.... now the guy has the Audi A3 S3 bonnet... and i want to get either the standard single grill or the s-line one.. i know i go for the sline ill need the fog lights and the adapter... but will this bonnet fit either of them as im not sure if its an s3 bonnet which he says in the add its for a 2004-2008 but will i need to buy the s3 front bumper for that year or will the sline or standard one fit this bonnet ??

sorry to high jack.... im looking to do the same thing... i know i need to change the bumper and bonnet.... now the guy has the Audi A3 S3 bonnet... and i want to get either the standard single grill or the s-line one.. i know i go for the sline ill need the fog lights and the adapter... but will this bonnet fit either of them as im not sure if its an s3 bonnet which he says in the add its for a 2004-2008 but will i need to buy the s3 front bumper for that year or will the sline or standard one fit this bonnet ?? 

Standard/S-Line/S3 have the same bonnet.

2004-2008 wouldn't be correct as the bonnet changed in 2005, I would get the part number and check with Audi first as many people on ebay list the wrong years. or find out what year of car it was taken off.

That's good to know and it's off a 2005 . So all I need now is the s line bumper and the reinforce bar... So hard to find these !!! Any ideas