Chris NottSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By S3_Jacko

Thread: How many problems with DV valve after map ?

2nd Gear

Status

How many problems with DV valve after map ?

As above just getting a stage 1 map with cai and miltek in couple weeks just wondering how many of you has had to upgrade the DV valve ? If that's the correct part I'm thinking of as I had to upgrade my recirv valve on my Vxr after it was mapped as the standard rubber 1 was prone to tearing, I'm not great with cars so please bare with me if I'm confused I'm learning tho haha

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Mine had gone before the map. Worth checking an doing anyway as it's a cheap part. The newest is revision g... the d is a piston type but leaks as it has no diaphragm. I've not had any issues with the g since the map and I'm running 260bhp part number 06H 145 710 G
    Last edited by OVRA3; 1st October 2013 at 10:31.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

1st Gear

Status
    Same as above mine went at standard, just upgrade it now as a preventative measure! I've got decision D and not had a problem there is a lot more running this than the G I think

1st Gear

Status
    Surprising how many people have got an audi s3 coming from the Vxr I've done the same never buy a vauxhall again

2nd Gear

Status
    well ive had running problems recently with my S3 which is mapped to stage one which ive resolved over past few days, had a shot on rolling road and diagnostic on friday ordered a revision D valve and replaced my revision G (which is older diaphragm one) which was totally deteriorated and had car back on rolling road today, totally different result!

phone **** 5366.jpg

this is power to wheels, guy that ran dyno with me said to add on 40 odd for engine power, so would be running there abouts 305bhp (should maybe be bit more if ma exhaust wasnt blown and a maybe a crack on airbox)

Grey line was first run with old totally f**ked valve and black was with replacement, some diffrence!

Rarely neutral

Status
    The Forge and GFB diverter valves are worth a look,and of the two,the GFB may be a good choice for anyone starting to mod a car from new.

GFB DV+ for late-model VAG 2.0T for Audi 2.0TFSI DTM EDITION

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    The Forge and GFB diverter valves are worth a look,and of the two,the GFB may be a good choice for anyone starting to mod a car from new.

GFB DV+ for late-model VAG 2.0T for Audi 2.0TFSI DTM EDITION
    Alex I was looking at that valve as i'm hoping to get my stage 1 done soon... is it worth fitting the valve 1st and run a couple of tanks of super juice to let your ecu build up some data before getting the file sent away for tweaking?

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    Alex I was looking at that valve as i'm hoping to get my stage 1 done soon... is it worth fitting the valve 1st and run a couple of tanks of super juice to let your ecu build up some data before getting the file sent away for tweaking?
    I don't think the valve alone should make a lot of difference,other than that you know it won't be leaking,or even likely to.

I'd have the map and DV installed and the ECU will adapt over about a week's worth of running.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I don't think the valve alone should make a lot of difference,other than that you know it won't be leaking,or even likely to.

I'd have the map and DV installed and the ECU will adapt over about a week's worth of running.
    cheers mate... hoping to get it done in the next couple of weeks, looking forward to it
    S3Alex likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers guys just going to order the gfb DV this week and get it on may Aswel for the cost of £100 don't want a silly problem after my map