Hubs and Calipers

benslicker

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a A3 2010 2.0 TDI S-Line which the calipers and hubs are starting to rust fronts more than the backs.

Anybody know someone who can repaint these for me?

I'm based in Surrey Junction 9 M25.

Thanks
Ben

Easy enough to do it yourself mate.

Get car jacked up, scrub them with a wire brush and give them a good clean, get some Hammerite/high temp paint on them, jobs a good 'un.

Taken from my ride thread - its an easy job to do mate just preparation and then go for it! Take you a couple of hours but worth it and the spray paint and lacquer doesn't cost anything more than £20

Sand / wire brush them down, masking them up, spraying them red (3 coats) and then applied 3 coats of lacquer and it gives an amazing finish. Also because of the lacquer these will last a long time, easy to clean and wont flake off.
View attachment 20702View attachment 20694View attachment 20695View attachment 20696View attachment 20699View attachment 20698View attachment 20697View attachment 20700View attachment 20701View attachment 20703

A little bit of over spray on the disc, but after driving and braking this comes off and is no longer there. Now this is all dry I will be painting the hubs and discs in silver to get rid of the rusted look and make it look much fresher.