Best place for remapping yorkshire area [bad experiance with amd essex]

S3 syc

Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone recommend a good place to take me from stage 2 to stage 2+ and also sort me out with a front mount for my audi s3 8p 2007? also as I already have software on there im gathering il still have to pay full price for the upgraded map somewhere else?The cars already running amd stage2 software with full milltek but ive constantly had overboost issues since going stage2 there,from the minute I left Essex and got onto the motorway as soon as i put my foot down in 6th i lost all boost and car went into limp until turning off and back on,i rang amd and they advised i go back which i did,they had a look and advised it should settle its just the car getting used to the map could take around a week,so i ventured approx 200miles home,the car didn't "get used to the map" and continued to overboost,so i rang them again to which i was advised to get a code read done and let them no the outcome.the outcome was a overboost code so advised me to take ANOTHER day off work and head back down on another 500mile round trip with no offer of any contribution to fuel costs or anything along those lines after speaking to shaun for a while he then agreed to go halves which i wasn't 100% happy with but suppose it was a compromise,they shaved a little off the mid range apparently and sent me on my way the car seemed ok so all was well.....until around a month or so later when the problem continued again only in 6th gear i then rang and advised the car was again doing this although much more intermitant the problem was still there but would cope with it until a convenient time to make the long journey back,so with players coming up and me having the weekend off for that i rang again but couldn't speak with shaun as he was off at the time,i asked if it would be possible to bring it the Saturday then stay down that way and head to players sunday to which i was told no they couldn't look at this on a Saturday id have to make the journey all over again[again leaving me to foot the bill] through the week,whoever i spoke with was very inpolite and very unhelpful and has just made me not want to go back there.i used them as i was advised they were brilliant and obiously a reputable company which made the long distance drive worth it....clearly not in the end.

All I can say to this is that it sounds as if you and I have been to two completely different companies.

I can see why they wouldn't think it sensible to look at a problem on a Saturday as time is often somewhat limited,and sometimes issues like this take time to sort,but having been advised to go back,despite the inconvenience,that's exactly what I would do.

Intermittent faults are amongst the most difficult to deal with,and my experience of AMD tracing and dealing with something more complex is completely different to what you describe.

In short,as they've offered to look at it again for you,my advice would be to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: NHN
Alex understandably your going to fight there corner as ive seen you do in many threads who criticise amd,you clearly have a good relationship with them and they look after you well,i dont ever on a public forum slate a company but the last time i spoke with them left a very sour taste in my mouth,they clearly value your custom much more than mine as like you say it would seem we definatley have dealt with two different companies.i understand there very busy but surely it wouldnt hurt a company of that magnitude to try go the extra mile sometimes especially after a long standing problem.

Alex understandably your going to fight there corner as ive seen you do in many threads who criticise amd,you clearly have a good relationship with them and they look after you well,i dont ever on a public forum slate a company but the last time i spoke with them left a very sour taste in my mouth,they clearly value your custom much more than mine as like you say it would seem we definatley have dealt with two different companies.i understand there very busy but surely it wouldnt hurt a company of that magnitude to try go the extra mile sometimes especially after a long standing problem.

I'm not going to do anything like that,other than as I have,to say it's very unlike anything I've experienced,or heard of previously,and seems most out of character.

I do have a good relationship with them,and what everyone here knows is that I will reward good service,but equally so,if I have problems with something,that also gets reported.

Reactions: NHN
Hi,

Sorry I can't exactly remember the car. Did we map this car last year sometime?

Sorry that we couldn't get you back in when you were down here for Players but I would deal with this and I was away hence why we couldn't look at the car that day.

Its strange that the overboost issue went away and then reappeared sometime later.

If you would like to bring the car back we can look at the issue. If you would like us to upgrade the map the Stage 2+ we would do that free of charge and if you would like an intercooler, as you mention, then we would fit it for free as a goodwill gesture.

Let me know what you would like to do?

Shaun Hollamby
www.amdtuning.com

Reactions: phil76, NHN, JJ.Foulds and 1 other person
Thats fair enough shaun cant get fairer than that but the guy i spoke with whilst you was away had no such attitude,i will be in touch as soon as i can arrange time off,to be honest i dont know if the problem ever went away as it only seems to be in 6th so mainly just when im on the motorway etc.

Unfortunately I have some mixed experience too. Last time 4 weeks ago when I wanted to upgrade to stage2+ & get some other bits done it turned out that the price for a brand new Loba fuel pump which I requested to be fitted & supplied strangely would be more than stated on their website, ok maybe a human error or something in the end I decide to go ahead and book my car in to get all sorted however on arrival it turned out that the pump has not been delivered but no one informed me about it beforehand so I lost 4h driving + fuel and whole Saturday:(. I really value their job and think its worth to pay extra labor costs for peace of mind and high quality service they provide but sometimes I feel like as a customer there is not enough care to make me happy. Nevertheless I spoke to them and agreed that they will call me back as soon as they receive the pump but unfortunately havent heard from them since despite 2 calls I made trying to find out when I could finally fit it:(.

Afternoon Matthew,

I called and left a message on the Thursday or Friday after you came in for the anti lift link to let you know the pump was here but I assume you didn't get this message? I know you called early on in the week after you came in for the anti lift kit but it hadn't arrived yet. When did you call the second time as if it had been after the Thursday or Friday we would have informed you it was here?

The reason it wasn't here in time for the Saturday was due to the pump being added to the other work you had booked in for too late, there wasn't enough time for it to be delivered to us. I do believe when you called a week previous to see if we had them in stock, we did say that if it wasn't ordered before the end of the week, it wouldn't be here for when the other work was due to be carried out. I checked with who you spoke to and he said it was ordered on the Tuesday, however I agree a courtesy call to confirm it wouldn't be here should have been made (which is what would normally happen) Why this didn't happen I don't know but I shall speak to my colleague who booked you in.

With reference to the price, the supplied and fitted price on the website for the Loba pump is correct and looking back in the diary is the same price?

We have a Loba pump instock, so can book you in as soon as you are ready. Please call us to book in and I will sort something out for you.

Ben

Last edited:
Reactions: phil76, RedDejavu and NHN
All I can say is, hats of to AMD for acting very professionally for anyone in this thread who has raised potential issues, not often you see this CS tbh.

Reactions: voorhees, Dean_T and S3Alex
Unicorn or R-tech

Had a car mapped by both...

Only heard good things about Unicorn and it's not too far from you.

Stattlers in sheffield ,steve jnr :)

Agreed. They fitted my loba/sach clutch kit and remap'd to stage 2+ revo. They also noticed a problem with the milltek downpipe and fixed that free of charge. I had noticed it rattling on cold start up but didn't say anything to see if they'd notice. Top quality work, great customer service!

Agree with Statller and will always say them as i know them and they work they do very well, but as raised but reading this AMD are been as professional as you can be to sort these issues out which to me shows good customer service but on your side i can see the hundreds of mile trips and time off work also been a factor.

If I lived closer to AMD id go there but living up in Yorkshire is far too far to go! I've had a good chat and lots of emails from R-tech about mapping my car and I will be going there I think once I've got all the bits I need, heard nothing but good reports too. I've got family there do can make a weekend of it, saying that I've got family in kent so I could go to AMD, hhmmmmmm !

Im considering investing in some generic map loading tools, can i experiment on the OPs car?!

In all seriousness, sounds like you caught one of AMDs staff on a bad day, and the offer of fitting your parts and a free remap rather than just sort your issue out seems a fair deal. I understand how difficult a 500 mile round trip is for you, but as you say, the service is 'usually' worth it.

I always return to a garage i worked for for my MOT's and any major routine maintenance. purely for the quality of work and level of service i get from those guys. Thats a 300 mile round trip.

Reactions: voorhees