AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Jamie H - Cumbria

Status

My Social Networking

Follow JAMI308 On Twitter Add JAMI308 on Facebook Visit JAMI308's Instagram Channel

HELP ON AUDI A3 2.0tfsi 2006 please

New to the forum and looking for some help!

First of all can anyone help me get a link to a genuine new recirculation valve for the 2006 audi a3 2.0 t fsi s line as I want rid of this dump valve, I bought the car with it on and the novelty had wore off especially in work traffic so need it removed and replaced!

Also can some one shed some light on the strong smell of Unburnt petrol coming In through the air vents when the car is at a stand still or moving slowly? I don't know what it is but when I opened the bonnet it seems to be in the top left corner directly under the coolant bottle infront of drivers side under bonnet.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Audi A3 (8P) Tuning, Parts and Servicing with Sub Part: Valves either of the top 2, People say the D is better even tho the G is newer? either will be fine. Or just ring your local audi dealer and they will stock it within a day usually.

Do you know what dumpvalve you currently have in the car?

but no idea on the petrol, il leave that response to someone who knows what they are doing :P

JJ.

Jamie H - Cumbria

Status

My Social Networking

Follow JAMI308 On Twitter Add JAMI308 on Facebook Visit JAMI308's Instagram Channel
    Cheers for the reply! I don't know too much about cars so I would rather get someone else's advice! So is the diverter valve the same thing as the Recirculation valve? Haha!

And not too sure what dump valve it is I couldn't even find it in the engine bay.. Must be tucked away at the back or under the cover or something haha! But I will let you know when I know!!

Cheers!

5th Gear

Status
    Basically our cars use a recirculation/diverter-valve which puts the air back into the system instead of the atmosphere. and generally dump valves blow it off to atmosphere which is why they are louder (and cooler , but this causes brief overfueling after the initial blow off as the engine thinks there is air inside that isnt there anymore.

and finding the valve, when i was looking for it, it was alot smaller than i expected :P but i think its just under the bottom right of the cover if i remember correctly lol

JJ.

A3 SportBack 2TFSI quattro DSG

Status
    Hi.

buy this!
    GFB DV+ Diverter Valve Kit - 2.0 TFSI/2.0TSI - A3 (8P) - Audi - Shop By Car

If you need the stock DV valve get it on ebay or here
    OEM 2.0T Diaphragm Diverter Valve 06F 145 710G - A3 (8P) - Audi - Shop By Car

You can read a lot of info on the DV+ in the thread below started by me on the GolfMK6 forum.
    GFB DV+ Diverter Valve Kit - anyone tested this? - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

I it and it works perfect.
    Best regards

J$B
    Norway

1st Gear

Status
    Don't buy the diaphragm diverter valve get the revision D as it doesn't split like the diaphragm as it doesn't have one it works by a piston! Same price but hell of a lot better!

A3 SportBack 2TFSI quattro DSG

Status
    Didn't mean that he should use the diaphragm DV. Just use it as a base for the DV+ kit. The reason I linked it was the price was lover than the piston type. That's all. We all know now that the first is a no go....
    Best regards

J$B
    Norway

Jamie H - Cumbria

Status

My Social Networking

Awesome cheers for the help lads! So is it just a straight swap of the dv and dump valve then?

also hope someone can shed some light on the strong smell of petrol, gonna take it to local mechanic tomorrow, he will hopefully sort it, he's used to me being in 24/7 with my old fabia VRs so he's always decent with me and helps we with A lot!

Neutral

Status

5th Gear

Status
    I fitted an atmospheric forcge blow off valve to my old 2.0tfsi.... it fit directly before the standard valve, joins together and just re-installed using longer alan-bolts... it was located right at the bottom of the engine on the right-hand side if I remember rightly as it was 5 years ago I done it lol....