Trickle charger

Ice Kay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anybody used one or have any experience using one ?
done a bit of googling and found solar panel ones which you leave plugged in the cigerette lighter or ones you plug into mains electric

I use one on my motorbike during the winter, connect it to the battery end of October time when the weather turns, then disconnect around march/april when the sun starts again :)
brilliant mate, keep the battery in top form and never fails to spring into life!!

Reactions: Sandra
My son uses on his triumph 675 motorbike and it works fantastic, it saves him mega £££ as he has replaced his battery once already due to the alarm running his battery low over the winter. This year he just goes out and turns the key and presses the starter and is ready to roll. :) x

Reactions: davesimmo
​My son uses an oxford model, im not sure if they make one for the car, check out Halfords. :) x

My mate used a solar panel trickle charger on his mk4 fit golf, was sat parked up for quiet a while, the battery maintained full charge, it was the type that sits on the dash board, and plugs into the cigarette lighter socket

I use a CTEK charger and plug it into the cigarette lighter socket. The one I use has an inbuilt test system for battery and alternator. All done without even lifting the bonnet.

I used a ctek one on my s2000 as it was a weekend car - I had a plug mount under the grille on the front bumper which was wired into the battery mean I could park up and plug the charger in without opening the bonnet or door.

Ctek are well known and have good reputation - mine was a charger and battery conditioner so it kept the battery in best condition.

Was about £45 off eBay.

Reactions: NHN
Ctek are brilliants chargers, I use the MXS 10 as I needed 12v supply mode aswell for nav units to test on a bench, I cant fault cteks at all in several years of owning a few.

Just be careful as ebay ones sometimes aren't covered by warranty direct with ctek.

This post is perfect was going to put one up soon myself as my car is coming off the road soon as the bad weather comes in ill check out they chargers

I highly recommend the CTEK ones too.
I've got one attached to the wall in my garage and the other end of the plug is hard wired into my Porsche. I just drive into the garage and plug it in.
Been using it non stop for about 8 years and both the charger and battery are still perfect.
A great bit of kit if you don't use a car regularly.

Reactions: NHN
Another Ctek convert.

I have an MXS 5.0 it will do bike and car batteries alike.
If it broke, I would buy another without hesitation.

Reactions: 45bvtc and NHN
Bought a ctek mxz 3.6 3.8a for half price from amazon lightning deals.

will give this a go