A3 2.0 TDI temp sensor replacement (fans staying on)

gizm0

Reaction score
Hi all, having a problem with my girlfriend 2.0TDI 140 A3, the fans are staying on when the engine is running. last time it did this i think i replaced a coolant sensor on the right hand side of the engine near the air box? i know i didnt have to replace the fans or anything. iv had a look through as many old threads as i can find but still cant find the part No for the sensor. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction of it?

Thanks

Dan

There are 2 sensors on the bkd engine, possibly other engine codes aswell, 1 on the side like you've done & 1 hidden in the front in between coolant hoses to the left of the IMF.

There are 2 sensors on the bkd engine, possibly other engine codes aswell, 1 on the side like you've done & 1 hidden in the front in between coolant hoses to the left of the IMF.

Scan it as it could be the fans at fault I think the control module is integrated into one of the fans.

Scan it as it could be the fans at fault I think the control module is integrated into one of the fans.

I had a similar problem, my fan wouldn't cut out even with the engine off! The only way it would stop was to disconnect the battery or the plug on the fan module. Anyway, it happened few times, the first few times were solved by topping up the coolant. The last time I had to replace the whole fan unit. Cost me about £70 from ebay and about £30 for someone to fit it.