Clutch, Flywheel and Slave Cylinder Gone. :(

Isaa

Reaction score
Hi guys
I own a 2007 1.9 TDI SB and for a couple of months now and iv been having clutch problems. When ever the clutch was release I could hear a loud rattle come from engine bay. Also when moving of from first gear the car would shake quite a bit until speed increased. So yesterday I was driving home from work and the clutch just didn't feel right. While driving I would take my foot of the clutch but it would come up very slowly. At other times the clutch would go right up past the level that it would usually stop at. Their was other times when the revs would increase but my speed wouldn't. Iv taken the car to my mechanic and he said I need a new clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder. He's quoted me £590 to change everything + labour. Do you guys think this is a good price?

Hi guys
I own a 2007 1.9 TDI SB and for a couple of months now and iv been having clutch problems. When ever the clutch was release I could hear a loud rattle come from engine bay. Also when moving of from first gear the car would shake quite a bit until speed increased. So yesterday I was driving home from work and the clutch just didn't feel right. While driving I would take my foot of the clutch but it would come up very slowly. At other times the clutch would go right up past the level that it would usually stop at. Their was other times when the revs would increase but my speed wouldn't. Iv taken the car to my mechanic and he said I need a new clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder. He's quoted me £590 to change everything + labour. Do you guys think this is a good price?

Sounds cheap if it's quality parts unless you get stung in labour

Sounds cheap if it's quality parts unless you get stung in labour

Yeh he said £590 for original parts and labour. To be honest even I was surprised at that price, I've been reading posts where people have said they paid £800 upwards for their repair.

Check eurocarparts mate, I got a uprated sachs dual mass, sachs clutch and sachs slave cylinder for £499.

Make sure you look around for vouchers as well as I saved £165 using one!

EDIT: Didn't realise that's with labour as well, go for it - although probably still worth seeing if you can source the parts elsewhere to save a few ££