wiring head unit to standard sub and amp

joe_echo

Reaction score
I've just got a new head unit. After fitting it The rear speakers don't work and neither does the sub. Is therea way to wire them to the new hu.

I knowi might get told ditch the amp and sub and get a better one but money is tight so I can't afford it right now.

Sounds like you havnt connected the amp feed wire to enable it for rears, go & check your wiring.

Which one is the amp wire? Sorry I've never done this before

You don't (unless I missed it) say what year the car is, but the best clue is on the top of the factory head unit -there's usually a sticker on there that shows each socket on the back and what the pin outs are. If yours is 2003 - about 2006/7 it'll have two 8 way ISO connectors - one is for power and earth, the other's to the front speakers. There's a third mini-ISO connector (longer and narrower with more pins - that has the connections for the amp. You need to wire the pre-outs from your new head unit into there - there's a range of adapter looms available or you can make your own if you're handy of course.

oops sorry its the 2000 model. I have two iso cables, a red connector with only one wire in and a collection of small connectors all joined together. I will have a look at the onld one tonight and also post some pictures up.

That's an 8L not 8P so wrong section, although wiring is close to the same.

any chance one of the mods can move this to the 8l section. I must have clicked 8p by mistake.