Bluetooth retrofit - no sound from speakers?!

jsosic

Reaction score
Hi,

I've (mostly) successfully retrofitted blue-tooth. I can connect the phone, I can dial and receive calls...

BUT - there are no sounds coming from car speakers :-/ When I'm connecting the phone there's no "beep", also when I'm dialing or when someone dials me, he can hear me (microphone works ok), but I can't hear anything...

When listening to radio, spekers work fine, so it's bluetooth+speakers issue. I have a MY09 car and '04' RNS-E unit (8P0 035 192).

Any ideas what could be wrong? Is it possible that RNS-E is not working propery or that bluetooth is partially fried? Or is it just the wiring issue?

Have you tried putting the volume up when connected ?
The radio volume and the call volume are two different settings on my system

Yes I've tried.... There's a crossed speaker icon at the bottom of the RNS-E when in-call, just like mute is on. I've tried pressing the power toggle (to unmute it) but that didn't help either.

OK I have one more question regarding Bluetooth...

I switched to RADIO (or CD - same results), and set up my balance to full left with fader to full front, and after that I can't hear any sound from my drivers door (left-hand drive, I'm not from UK/Ireland), only from the dash speaker.... When I start to turn the balance to right, I can hear clearly sound from the drivers (right) door...

So, it seems that my problem is probably regarded to my drivers door speakers? Is it possible that bluetooth send sound only to drivers side speakers or should it send it all across the board?

I don't have bose...

Fix your speaker problems & then deal with the issue.

Check the door hinge rubber for breakages.

Fix your speaker problems & then deal with the issue.

Check the door hinge rubber for breakages.

This is the VCDS error that I have for a very long time... can this be somehow related?

Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 1K0-907-530.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 907 530 Q HW: 1K0 907 951
Component: J533__Gateway H16 0202
Revision: H16 Serial number: 2700K08A060279
Coding: E9811F061002020100
Shop #: WSC 07790 995 07790
VCID: 356525E72781

1 Fault Found:
00470 - Combination comfort Databus in Single Wire
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101011
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 254
Reset counter: 24
Mileage: 60124 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2012.11.14
Time: 15:03:53

That is more than likely related to a broken wire, but check the door rubber as advised 1st.

Rubber is fine, I found the issue - RNS-E wasn't connected properly... After reconnecting the big square connector, speakers in the drivers door work OK but still no in-call sound from bluetooth :( Other person can hear me loud and clear but I just cannot hear anything he/she says...

Also, when in-call, RNS-E shows crossed speaker and mutes radio/cd volume and that is fine. When I finish the call icon is gone and radio resumes....

One more thing, when I increase/decrease the volume via small knob on the RNS-E, I can see the changes on the phone (little knob shows and goes up or down just like I'm changing volume level on the phone)....

So everything works except that I cannot hear a thing from bluetooth.... Can this be a faulty bluetooth unit? :-/ Or maybe even RNS-E ...

As I said check your NF wiring, the info is readily available online.

OK I've tried swapping them round and now when phone connects to BT, I can hear white noise, not very loud. Also, when someone calls me or when I call someone, I can hear that same noise.... :-/

OK I've tried swapping them round and now when phone connects to BT, I can hear white noise, not very loud. Also, when someone calls me or when I call someone, I can hear that same noise.... :-/

I've tried everything... I've even tried the BT with another RNS-E, and my RNS-E in another car with BT installed... RNS-E is ok, so definitely my BT module is broken :(

I'll call it a quits and try to get my hands on another BT module....there's really nothing much I can do from this point. Strange that it's broken this way but that's the way it goes :(

Have you put your friends bt module in your car to test?

I sell the new latest version BT kits if interested.

It wouldn't take that long to get too & test tbh, that way it would totally discount everything else & 100% prove its the module.

Sorry to crash this post. Didn't want to start another one.

Just got my car last night and I want to know if it has BT.
I tried switching the ignition on and searching but found nothing :-(

However I have seen the BT modules on EBay for £40. Is it as simple as getting a loom kit and plugging it all in?

I thought £40 was to good to be true

Thanks
Phil

Older modules may not support certain features & have compatibility issues with newer handsets, so beware of cheaper versions.

We supply/fit the newest versions that work with all the latest handsets perfectly fine.