HELP!! A3 Quattro 170 TDI '07' Rear Shock???

bosun

Reaction score
Been searching through the forum and cant seem to find any answers about an OEM replament or part numbers.

Car failed MOT because of a broken shock and I need to get them fitted ASAP. Bought these from GSF and the guy went to the back to look on a dealer computer to see if they were right for an S Line.

REAR COIL SPRING 511VG1380

Thanks People

Nick

Your old springs should have colour codes on them, maybe a green dot followed by 3 grey dots (my S-Line 140TDI quattro). Dealer shoud be able to match them from this alone. Not sure about cheaper replacements, some of these companies don't understand, standard/Sport/S-Line/ S3 etc. My Wife has a 170 so I could check that if you want but even though they are the same car it coule be different. Also depends what height you want it to sit, I have just gone for S3 springs which are -35mm, same as the H&R upgrades. S-Line is -25mm incidentally, why am I so knowledgeable, well I asked questions and did various searches on here.

Another update...

Just ordered these Audi A3 2.0 TDi Quattro Mk2 Lowering Springs Apex 30mm
Audi A3 2.0 TDi Quattro Mk2 Lowering Springs Apex 30mm | eBay

Asked for next day which bumped the price up to £124. After much searching of here and the TT forum I know that the S-Line is 25mm lower than the standard, so these will drop my car by only 5mm hardly noticeable. I'll get them in tomorrow and report back.

Be interested to know how you get on, I was tempted by lots of things, these included, I don;t think anyone's got anything particularly bad to say about them so they may just be the thing to have.

Be interested to know how you get on, I was tempted by lots of things, these included, I don;t think anyone's got anything particularly bad to say about them so they may just be the thing to have.

Well just my luck, fitted the springs and the drop is a lot more than just 30mm...

What has happened... I've got 18's on and only about 10mm of the tire showing :( And hardly any movement... Me sitting on the boot lip @17st and limited bouce

Help

OOh that is low at the back particularly, my S3 spings are -35mm and aren't that low, could be on the bump stops which would explain why it's solid. You can cut them but wouldn't have thought with a 30mm drop you would need to, I didn't.

I know. Read up about them before fitting. Although I haven't found a picture of an A3 with just the Apex coils on. That S3 was the closest I found

Did you keep the top and bottom spring seats, the rubber bits? I boght new ones for mine, olds were quite compressed under the pressure of the springs for years, so new ones would probably make it sit a bit higher.