Whats best way to get LM reps dish shiny ? Pic inside

TDI140

Reaction score
Got tube of auto sol and will buy buffing pad that connects onto my drill will that do it ?

Thats how the dishes look ill be plasti dipping the centres in gun metal grey but if i can get the lips shiny again would be better if not the whole wheels will be plasti dipped so any solutions would be good don't want refurb as there just winter set

What will i need to do sand them down and then just repaint them instead of auto sol ?

Reactions: Yolo_8p3
Put this on the detailing Forum, might get more help/ideas

I think they have gone a bit far to be autosoled as they are quite badly pitted,i would either use them as is through bad weather which will no doubt be coming soon then send them away or sort them after or send them away now if you have a spare set

Reactions: NHN
This is my spare set ill just sand the lips down and have them plasti dipped in one colour will be fine for winter wheels

They're in a fair state tbh, I would get them stripped & done properly, give N8 a shout if you want the best finish.

Whatever you have done they don't last long! If you have them laquered on polished metal it doesn't stick too well and suffers chips which leads to corrosion as water gets underneath. If you leave them unlaquered they need polishing everytime you drive it!

Reactions: WOLF
Just want cheapest possible way of restoration as like i said there just for winter but i dont like the state of them

LM reps for winter?! You clearly have no clue what so ever.

You polish them up, then overnight during the winter months they will have corroded.

You polish them up, then overnight during the winter months they will have corroded.

nothing wrong with lm reps for winter wheels, not my first choice, but hey what ever floats your boat

And wait till you see what the RS3 boys buy for their winter wheels!

nothing wrong with lm reps for winter wheels, not my first choice, but hey what ever floats your boat
never bought them i sold my porsche wheels for £700 and the guy also gave me these as part of the deal who would turn that deal down

Considering you are recommended to clean lm's every single day in the winter I'd rather not have them during the winter.

They are like speedlines, you are only happy with them on two occasions.
1. When you buy them
2. When they are clean

they are horrendous to clean in the summer, let alone when you can't feel your fingers in winter.

You'd be able to buy a new set of lm reps on eBay for the same price of getting them refurbished :-/ I use to have these on mine. Nice wheels just a shame the lacquer on the reps are poor. Genuine all the way!!
Back to the point yeh refurb or new wheels buddy you wont be able to save them now not unless you polish the lip right up.

Have you been using Acid wheel wash on them or taking the car to a cleaner who uses a wheel wash containing acid?

Put them on the front of the car, jack the car up, stick it in first, and use some 2000grit wet and dry paper on them. That'll strip any remaining laquer and get them shiny.

Then give them a coat of ceramic wheel sealant and they'll be good for winter

(Note: the above only works on fwd cars)

Ive only had the wheels a week like i said above someone traded them in against my porsche cayenne turbo wheels and paid cash on top so i decided to keep these as winter wheels, i tried 400 wet n dry and it took remainder of laquer off so i will take the wheels off one by one and wet n dry the lips until they are smooth and have left them with a standard silver style colour theb ill plasti dip the centres the outside can stay a standard silver as they look quite good when sanded with wet n dry