Unicorn Stage 2+ Goodness!

Reload

Bird is the Word!
Reaction score
Curiosity got the better of me today so it was time to take Kara to get dyno'd to see what Rick's map was pushing out.

At the dyno:

Uploadfromtaptalk1379694780813

And the results:

Uploadfromtaptalk1379694813976

Really happy with the results, temperature was 17 degrees. Peak hp of 350.5 and a grin inducing peak torque of 372 lb/ft (505 nm for those who prefer metric). Chuffed with the results, timed run at Santa Pod last week of 13.8 seconds on my 2nd run (only time for two due to weather, don't even ask about the first, I'll never tell!). Sure that can be improved upon once I've mastered the launch control and flat shift. Massive thanks to Rick for the time and effort he put in, it's been well worth it. :thumbup:

Reactions: Mario8P and S3Alex
Nice results the torque figures are massive about 40 lbft more than my stage 2+. What settings you running out of interest?

I have no idea tbh, whatever Rick set it at! He spent best part of ten hours with numerous logging runs to get the best out of my engine with its current mods

Ten hours??? Must have cost you a fortune in labour.

A map costs what a map costs, no tuner charges by the hour for mapping. Thats just the level of service you get from the best independent tuners.

Reactions: Jackie Brown
Injectors won't be needed? They won't be holding the car back at 2+ level... Surely

Injectors won't be needed? They won't be holding the car back at 2+ level... Surely

Stock S3 injectors are good for up to the low 400s.

S3's fuelling system is good for around 440bhp max.

S3 injectors are holding it back, yes. You can get more power for just a dyno run if you run it leaner but the EGT's aren't conductive for longevity. The BTCC touring cars with this engine have to run the std S3 injectors, and they run lambda 0.95.

There is a lot of variance from car to car as to the absolute fuel capacity, some can fuel considerably more than others. That's why a lot of companies that do generic maps have has trouble with stage 2+ maps.

Rick

LOL that's joke!

Jesus Christ just show how mad these engines are! I wouldn't dream of doing that! Insane!

Good power on this too too!

:salute:

LOL that's joke!

Jesus Christ just show how mad these engines are! I wouldn't dream of doing that! Insane!

Good power on this too too!

:salute:

As Rick says,there is a world of difference between a road and a race engine.

A good engineer will always extract the maximum from the engine within the limits of the rules,even if it means that the engine is good for maybe 10 race distances rather than 100 000 miles.