Black 8P, RS4s refurb - what colour?

_a3sport

Reaction score
I have a black 8P and a set of genuine RS4s to get refurbed. I'm not so sure on silver on black car and don't think I want black wheels. Thinking gunmetal or something similar? Open to suggestions and any pics would be good.

Cheers.

Gun metal looks good with a black car tbh, seen loads of BE's with this.

Gun metal looks good with a black car tbh, seen loads of BE's with this.

Agree with NHN gun metal rims look the buisness on a black car same as the earlier black editions :)

I have a black 8P and a set of genuine RS4s to get refurbed. I'm not so sure on silver on black car and don't think I want black wheels. Thinking gunmetal or something similar? Open to suggestions and any pics would be good.

Cheers.

Hi I have a black A3. Just had my BBS ch's powder coated in gunmetal grey. Will post up some pics of them on the car in the next couple of days once I get it washed.

a8abesyt.jpg

I would also tend to say gunmetal I'am away to get my wheels done this colour for my brilliant red a3

Obviously a different set of wheels but will give you an idea of what the colour looks like on a black car :)

gun metal or anthracite I dont think there's much difference in colour to be honest but either would look better than black alloys
iv had anthracite wheels on a black ford many moons ago

Photo 2

I got my alloys refurbished and the name for the colour was "titanium" which I preffered to the anthracite as it was slightly darker

View attachment 21093

I got my alloys refurbished and the name for the colour was "titanium" which I preffered to the anthracite as it was slightly darker

They look good, you got a pic of the whole car? Notice you are in Glasgow where did you get them done? I'm considering WheelProScotland (quoted £230 via email) or Powdertec (no response to email yet).

They look good, you got a pic of the whole car? Notice you are in Glasgow where did you get them done? I'm considering WheelProScotland (quoted £230 via email) or Powdertec (no response to email yet).

Hey mate, I got them done at Chameleon Metalcoatings in Rutherglen and it cost me £180 for a full refurb. They did a really good job of the wheels too. Here are a couple of pics right after they were done (ignore the GTR, that was my lift to pick up my car :p)

Photo 1

Photo 2

Hey mate, I got them done at Chameleon Metalcoatings in Rutherglen and it cost me £180 for a full refurb. They did a really good job of the wheels too. Here are a couple of pics right after they were done (ignore the GTR, that was my lift to pick up my car :p)

Your car looks good and the wheels too ... but the wheels are probably a bit darker than I'm after. Phoned today and the guy said he only had one gunmetal type colour and was more of darker grey so probably what you've got. He said his vans wheels are done in that colour so I'm going to take a look first thing Monday.

Decisions, decisions ...

Reactions: R90 STL
Your car looks good and the wheels too ... but the wheels are probably a bit darker than I'm after. Phoned today and the guy said he only had one gunmetal type colour and was more of darker grey so probably what you've got. He said his vans wheels are done in that colour so I'm going to take a look first thing Monday.

Decisions, decisions ...

thanks mate. If your nearer myself feel free to come up and see my wheels. I wanted them a bit darker so that colour was exactly what I was after. Same day service too which is handy