Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Audi a3 1.6tdi poor starting

A few times now I have gone out to start my car to go to work put the key in turned it and nothing has happened no turning over of the engine just the dash board lights come on then after around 5-10 seconds the car will start but be juddery when it does, took it to Audi today they put it on diagnostic machine and said nothing is wrong and that when I start the car I should turn the key so dashboard lights are on wait a while then start it so glow plugs can warm up. I find this ridiculous I have a 2010 car not a 1990 car, has this happened to any one else? I've seen a few posts like this in an Audi a1 forum but not a3.
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

mods so far - tinted windows, my11 rear lights.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty76 View Post
    A few times now I have gone out to start my car to go to work put the key in turned it and nothing has happened no turning over of the engine just the dash board lights come on then after around 5-10 seconds the car will start but be juddery when it does, took it to Audi today they put it on diagnostic machine and said nothing is wrong and that when I start the car I should turn the key so dashboard lights are on wait a while then start it so glow plugs can warm up. I find this ridiculous I have a 2010 car not a 1990 car, has this happened to any one else? I've seen a few posts like this in an Audi a1 forum but not a3.
    Did you have the battery tested as it could be dodgy also maybe the connections to the starter especially the earth strap ,loose battery terminals , bad starter motor or relay.

1st Gear

Status
    They weren't prepared to test anything on the car because when they plugged it in to the diagnostic no errors displayed.
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty76 View Post
    They weren't prepared to test anything on the car because when they plugged it in to the diagnostic no errors displayed.
    that's main dealers for you had that before no code = no fault to them they are not mechanics really (computer say's no !)

fair enough it is hard to find a fault that is not evident at the time but they could make some effort especially when you are paying them £100 an hour or so.

1st Gear

Status
    The car is still under warranty hence why I want them to find the fault before it runs out, has anyone heard of any a3s having these issues?