Headlights on indication on instrument panel

themikeyboosh

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question. Are you supposed to have a light on your instrument panel to show you've got your headlights on? Hasn't got auto lights or anything (MY09). My other a3 (MY04) has auto lights and it shows a light when the headlights are on.

Cheers

Nope mine as never come on, if there is one.
I have Autolights

This is the reason why I turned instrument lighting OFF when the lights aren't on - I find it misleading and makes you think you ahve your lights on when they aren't.

I left the red needle illumination on though so during the day they are easy to read, but it is also obvious now when the lights are on as the instruments light up.

Oh can you do that would like the needles lit up all the time, know where i'd find it, instruments i guess?

Just been out and confirmed on my MY04 (auto lights) it DOES have an green headlights turned on indicator on the instrument panel. Within the rev counter for what it's worth.

Mine too (06). But if you have RNS-E running, then the background map colour changes when the headlights come on, but there is certainly no light on the panel.