Scotty

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
2.0T FSI - 256BHP

This was posted on the TT-forum by HZW :

audis3datasheet7uk.jpg

Mines a Orange one please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Its all in German /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

What language did you expect an internal Audi document to come out in? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No yellow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
theres not a yellow option ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

Based on the fact that the 225 bhp S3 was 165 kW I make the new one 259 bhp - lets call it 260

It's quoted as 260PS so how can it be 260bhp?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My 2.0T is quoted as 200PS, which equals 200bhp, he did say "PS" and not "KW"

Boy am I glad they appear to be going the 2.0T route, I'd best start saving!!!!!!!!

Probably around 255 BHP, and 260 PS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to disapoint you but 1PS = 0.9863 HP. 260PS = 256.4HP 200PS = 197.2HP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy am I glad they appear to be going the 2.0T route, I'd best start saving!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Best look at this : Power Converter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Beat ya to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Grrrr well I'll tell them the new car will be 1405kg then about 184bhp/ton

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best look at this : Power Converter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

God damm it, i knew i was close, with my theo-tical formula from my old R32, 240PS = 237 BHP, so close....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Well in that case it's:

hp (DIN)
This is the power measured according to the German standard DIN 70020. It is measured at the flywheel, and is in practical terms equivalent to the SAE net figure. However, be aware that DIN "horsepower" may in fact be expressed in PS (Pferdestärke) - see "Metric horsepower" below.

1 PS = 75 kp·m/s = 735.49875 W = 0.9863201652997627 hp (SAE)

So therefore the "200PS" is actualy
197.26403305995254, which rounds to 197.3hp, and then of course we could go into Din or Sae...........

Just needs a power upgrade and it will be sorted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just needs a power upgrade and it will be sorted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's had one!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I'm sure with a remap it will acheive the magic 300BHP ..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lets hope they get the handling sorted and we end up with a decent all-rounder.

I can't wait for the press release!!!

What do ya think it'll cost? About £28k??? Place your bets........

Ill giver it a go to compare to my 3.2 s-line.
be a interesting shoot out.

You get more torque out of the turbo engine, this car is gonna have to be one hell of a car to out do the new MkV R32

[ QUOTE ]
You get more torque out of the turbo engine, this car is gonna have to be one hell of a car to out do the new MkV R32

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the current 2.0T with a reprogramme kit from any of the tuners (AMD,Revo,MTM,Forge etc) will probably out do either the A3 3.2 or the new R32.

They quote the 2.0T ( a re programmed one) at a higher torque/hp output than an "old" S3 that has also been chipped.

There was a "shoot out" here the other week between a 3.2 A3 and the "old" ( chipped) S3 which from looking at the torque and Hp curves the S3 won hands down. I would imagine the new S3 will have a slightly larger Turbo than the current 2.0T which will allow it more top end hp than the current 2.0T but probably with some low down sacrifice

Do we think the new S3 will be available in the Sportback or just the three door?

According to HZW on the TT site, only in 3-dr and manual only.

Bonnet and doors are apparently in aluminium, plus RS4 wheels saves 25kgs over the 2.0 T, apparently. I found the 2.0Tq very chuckable compared to my TDI fwd, so sounds very good to me.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No DSG from launch? That's a surprise - unless like the RS4, the S3 will be a driver-focused car.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No DSG from launch? That's a surprise - unless like the RS4, the S3 will be a driver-focused car.

[/ QUOTE ]

What and DSG isn't a driver focused gearbox!?!
It will be because of the weight. 100% guaranteed it will be an option once all the "lightweight headlines" are out the way.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely not. EVO Magazine isn't a fan of DSG from a driver involvement perspective, and note that the RS4 has a straightforward manual 'box. For RS4 money, you'd expect DSG to be standard - the fact that Audi fit a six-speed manual says a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely not. EVO Magazine isn't a fan of DSG from a driver involvement perspective, and note that the RS4 has a straightforward manual 'box. For RS4 money, you'd expect DSG to be standard - the fact that Audi fit a six-speed manual says a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man that's cr4p.
For every mag that doesn't like it, another loves it. Who gives a sh!t what's on the RS4, It's probably because DSG has torque limits, that's all. The M3 CSL was launched with SMG and the DSG was launched on the TT V6, with no manual option, what does that tell you.
Every other manufacturer (including Porsche) is scrambling to develop a DSG box. if it wasn't that driver focused why would they bother.

One word: "hype". Just because customers want it doesn't make it driver focussed - or any good, infact. Then again, any decent Ferrari comes with a paddle shifter doesn't it? DSG is a step up - as long as it doesn't have too much of a mind of it's own and lets the driver do what he / she wants.

Oh no.... here we go again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh no.... here we go again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. soon gonna need a new forum section for DSG debates.

DSG isn't in ANY* car that has a longitudinal engine. Currently it's only available for transverse cars.

* - I'm not sure if the Veyron is DSG or not.

It was rumoured that the RS4 DSG would be available for the new RS4 avant debuting next year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Audi could not fit a DSG gearbox to an RS4 even if it wanted to. The DSG is designed for transverse mounted engines and the engine in the RS4 and all A4s and A6s is mounted north/south. The normal A4s have the option of the multitronix CVT gearbox.

Having driven both the DSG and the multitronic, in my personal oppion the DSG is much better and much more driver orientated than the multitronic.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man that's cr4p.
For every mag that doesn't like it, another loves it. Who gives a sh!t what's on the RS4, It's probably because DSG has torque limits, that's all. The M3 CSL was launched with SMG and the DSG was launched on the TT V6, with no manual option, what does that tell you.
Every other manufacturer (including Porsche) is scrambling to develop a DSG box. if it wasn't that driver focused why would they bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

I drove the M3 with the SMG box, It's absolute CRAP, nothing like the Audi DSG box at all, my mate who is an Audi salesperson says when they get a customer in P/Xing a SMG version against a RS4/6 etc, they have to go about £3000 under bottom book because no one wants one!!

1405kg isn't light though,only 10kg lighter than the sticker in my current s3 boot and my bbs alloys make up for that.Although sounds like they made the effort with the ally doors.I think the bonnet is ally on the old s3.

[ QUOTE ]
Audi could not fit a DSG gearbox to an RS4 even if it wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]
They could if they developed a GSD for a longitudinal engine which is what we believe they have done. That's why I said "currently" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Weight with all the eu requirements these days look's very competitive when you look at the new R32, 130i etc.

The new focus ST is 1375kg, I really hope the've soughted the chassis it & if its been worked on by the same folk responsible for the new RS4 it could be one cracking little car.

[ QUOTE ]
I drove the M3 with the SMG box, It's absolute CRAP, nothing like the Audi DSG box at all, my mate who is an Audi salesperson says when they get a customer in P/Xing a SMG version against a RS4/6 etc, they have to go about £3000 under bottom book because no one wants one!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only using it as an example mate, i've never driven one.

[ QUOTE ]

Having driven both the DSG and the multitronic, in my personal oppion the DSG is much better and much more driver orientated than the multitronic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...
But manual is more involving than DSG...

I'd still take the manual...after you've impressed your mates with the launch control feature I'd get bored...give me three pedals, a decent geabox (decent ratios) and a decent gearchange...and I'd be happy.
I want a car to involve me fully...not do things on my behalf (electronic safety nets accepted...) so it would be manual for me.

The DSG is a brilliant peice of kit...no doubt.
Just not as involving as a proper organic gear change...