Replacement for Symphony II on Bose

-adrian-

.fuct
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been on holidays and in the meantime my girlfriend used my car. Got a call that something burned in the car and apparently the Headunit Symphony II is damaged after CDERROR and changing CDs. Some smoke came out I heard.

Would it be of any use to "repair" the headunit? If my insurance covers Fire and/or Theft is it possible they might cover a "fire" in the headunit?

Or should I not bother and look for a new headunit? Not sure where to start there. could be used or new and should play CDs and maybe be connectible to my Mobile phone by AUX or Bluetooth(unlike my cassette adapter:p). Navigation is not needed.

Suspect the increased cost of premiums would make the insurance option a non-starter (and that's if there isn't some obscure clause preventing it). As you have Bose, the easiest option is to fit another Audi headunit. I believe there's an inexpensive aux in add-on to the Symphony II and you should find it fairly easy to get a secondhand unit via the usual sources - although it's pot luck whether it decides to have a CD fry-up at any point of course.

Is it a common problem with symphony II that there are problems with CDs? Might as well ask Audi for ex-gratia. is there a nice overview side over audi head units? will they all fit in the double DIN thingy plug and play or do I need additional frames and such. do you have a name of that aux in add on?

I don't know if it's a common problem - maybe someone else will be along to say...

If there is a good overview guide to Audi Headunits, I haven't found it, so let us know if you do.

For the Aux connector, just do a search on e-bay (or on here) - there are quite a few choices and it depends which exact headunit you have and whether you just want aux in or some controls.

Afraid I can't tell you if the other double Din units will drop straight in - but I don't think there's an Audi unit that gives you anything you don't already have unless you go to the Nav one - which you don't want. If it was me, I'd probably just get a secondhand one the same as original off eBay.

I do know that Audi changed the connectors on the back from ISO to quadlock - I think around 07 so that's something else to check.

Hi mate, I still have my Double Din symphony head unit when I upgraded to RNS-e. came from a 2006 A3 so should be plug and play for you. It too has the cassette player and built in 6 cd changer. Only prob is I don't have the radio code as for some reason Audi did not put it in the service book. You can pay some people to get the code. Only looking for a small fee to get rid as it is taking space.
PM if interested.

Hello all,

I have been on holidays and in the meantime my girlfriend used my car. Got a call that something burned in the car and apparently the Headunit Symphony II is damaged after CDERROR and changing CDs. Some smoke came out I heard.

Would it be of any use to "repair" the headunit? If my insurance covers Fire and/or Theft is it possible they might cover a "fire" in the headunit?

Or should I not bother and look for a new headunit? Not sure where to start there. could be used or new and should play CDs and maybe be connectible to my Mobile phone by AUX or Bluetooth(unlike my cassette adapter:p). Navigation is not needed.

Hi there, I have a Symphony II available, upgraded to RNS-e courtesy of NHN.
Ping me a PM if interested (ill even throw in The aux tape adaptor lol)