Difference between 2.0 TDI 140 / 170?

ashmo

Reaction score
Looking at switching to a A3 2.0 TDI 140 Sport but is there any difference to the 170 version?

Thanks

30bhp or so

Reactions: TDI140, markwiggy, rOb_A and 3 others
different turbo, engine code, injectors and everything else that goes with it

This is what I mean what turbo is in the 140? Worth going for a 170? Its like the TT no point in going for a 180 when a 225 is so much better.

not really, the 140 returns a considerable amount more MPG but has turbo issues normally due to remapping

and the 170 has injector problems at £500 each

so they aren't really any better than each other.

Most people recommend going for a 140 and remapping it, its good fun and enough useable power for every day usage. returns more mpg remapped as well as more fun, just take out a warranty policy and all will be good.

cant really comment on a 170 though, ive never owned one..

Reactions: ashmo
Best bet is to buy a 170 DSG, DPF delete, map ECU + gearbox ECU, new clutch and new front tyres you'll be happy.

The injectors are covered under an official recall by Audi

so if the car has been recalled and injectors done, and if you have any injector issues, its covered by audi ?

Looking at switching to a A3 2.0 TDI 140 Sport but is there any difference to the 170 version?

Thanks

Differences will also depend on what year build 140/170 you look at pre 2008 PD140 had no DPF and all PD170 did when the facelift happened the CR engines were all fitted all with DPF's

I drive a 170 break one myself and have had a few issues with the EGR valve and hesitation but seemed to fix it all by replacing the cambelt sensors and a good service. MPG - i will get anything from 35-60mpg. Remap - custom remap - 210bhp. Lots of torque and a good drive. In comparison to a 140, i am completely unsure as i have never driven one but everyone is biast in their own way.

If you do get one, DPF off, remove the EGR, remap, upgrade the tyres at the front, CAI and you'll be splendid!