A3 Sportback spotted driving like a prat

Wrath

Reaction score
It enraged me so much I thought I'd post it just in case the driver happens to be a forum member. Driving on the M5 today and witnessed an A3 sportback (SE trim I think), silver, VRM: MA60 NWY driving like a complete idiot! This guy gives Audi drivers a bad name and nearly caused several accidents with his tailgating and undertaking habits. I thought he was going to take me out when he swerved across two lanes, undertook two cars and then pulled across two lanes causing cars to urgently brake. He must have been doing nearly 90mph as well.

Keep a watch out, near Exeter, this guy is dangerous!

Torquay based here ta for the warning.

Reactions: Wrath
Thought it was me lol but forget i have no wheels on my car :-/

Reactions: Wrath
I was on the way back from Castle Combe today, but my driving is impeccable ;)
Oh and that is the furthest the A3 as gone since we bought it, what a car!!

There's always one...and sometimes more than one.

It's a bit embarrassing really as I only defended Audi drivers last week stating the ones to watch are Merc and Astra drivers. If only I could push people off the road :)

what happened to your bentleys? those looked awesome :ohmy:
sold bentleys ages ago and then had some rs4 18"s then had porsche cayenne turbo wheels sold them too and now i have som bbs Lm reps to drive around on but cant be bothered to put them on lol cars been standing on bricks for 7 days now lol
im after a set of wheels again now lol

Reactions: sliced
undertook two cars and then pulled across two lanes causing cars to urgently brake. He must have been doing nearly 90mph as well.

Agreed it sounds like he was driving dangerously, but it does sound like everyone else was sat in the outside lane which is just as bad. If he was doing 90mph and everyone had to brake then there's something up there as well.

50k miles a year from 2004-2008, I've seen plenty on the roads. I now work from home and will never ever commute, as we're (the normal UK motorist) doomed. Educated driving has gone out of the window. I'd happily take my driving test every year if it meant that these people (both the outside lane sitters and idiots that undertake) fail and stay off the road. I'd probably become a driving instructor (and that's another thing, almost anyone can pass a simple exam and be an instructor even though they aren't any good at driving) and cash in on it ;).

[/rant over]

Agreed it sounds like he was driving dangerously, but it does sound like everyone else was sat in the outside lane which is just as bad. If he was doing 90mph and everyone had to brake then there's something up there as well.

50k miles a year from 2004-2008, I've seen plenty on the roads. I now work from home and will never ever commute, as we're (the normal UK motorist) doomed. Educated driving has gone out of the window. I'd happily take my driving test every year if it meant that these people (both the outside lane sitters and idiots that undertake) fail and stay off the road. I'd probably become a driving instructor (and that's another thing, almost anyone can pass a simple exam and be an instructor even though they aren't any good at driving) and cash in on it ;).

[/rant over]

Fully agree, there is an increasing number of people who don't use their rear view mirror but, undertaking is far more dangerous and his tailgating behaviour was disgusting. As much as I sit and swear at the wrong lane hoggers, I will never undertake.

I'm with you on the driving test front. I'd got further and limit what size cars people get depending on their age and way of driving.

Reactions: JudderMan
Am I the only one with a sportback that quickly clicked this thread to make sure it wasn't me? :lmfao:

Reactions: jphc, JudderMan and Wrath
could easily have been a stolen car, no need to "defend" audi drivers if it turns out they didn't own it in the first place

Fully agree, there is an increasing number of people who don't use their rear view mirror but, undertaking is far more dangerous and his tailgating behaviour was disgusting. As much as I sit and swear at the wrong lane hoggers, I will never undertake.

I'm with you on the driving test front. I'd got further and limit what size cars people get depending on their age and way of driving.

Not too sure about the undertaking thing - When you have idiots like this sitting in the 3rd lane I would happily undertake in the slow lane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wrath, T8DPR, KentKid and 3 others
Ahahahaa, sliced that is awesome.

Usually people sat in the outside lane have their left mirror pointing at the passenger or folded completely in like the TWO cars I saw yesterday. Might get an on-board camera just to upload people's stupidity to YT.

Ahahahaa, sliced that is awesome.

Usually people sat in the outside lane have their left mirror pointing at the passenger or folded completely in like the TWO cars I saw yesterday. Might get an on-board camera just to upload people's stupidity to YT.

Haha the truckers commentary makes it 100% more awesome.

Yea these blackvue cameras are awesome, I still need to get round to fitting mine!