Audi a3 2.0 fsi P0341

Amir-7-86

Reaction score
Hi I'm struggling to figure out what could be causing my audi to read this fault code on diagnostic, engine management light doesn't show up but this fault doesn't seem to go away, iv changed camshaft positioning sensor and have had belt and chain renewed a year back, it reads Camshaft position sensor G40 not a plausible signal P0341 no communication.
Can anyone help me figure out or have had this fault before please much appreciated?

Could it be a damaged wire due to belt and chain renewed?

Could it be a damaged wire due to belt and chain renewed?
So many views but not any ideas or advice :/ the g40 code is connected to both knock and camshaft sensor even tho its reading camshaft on the diagnostic, I replaced a new camshaft sensor been told either its damaged or dirty or it could be faulty wiring my guess is when the timing belt and chain had been replaced stress or damage could be caused on the wiring to the sensor, the push down clip on the plug is broken too but plug fits into place anyway, the thing is where to start looking the plug and wiring to me look fine, headache!

So many views but not any ideas or advice :/ the g40 code is connected to both knock and camshaft sensor even tho its reading camshaft on the diagnostic, I replaced a new camshaft sensor been told either its damaged or dirty or it could be faulty wiring my guess is when the timing belt and chain had been replaced stress or damage could be caused on the wiring to the sensor, the push down clip on the plug is broken too but plug fits into place anyway, the thing is where to start looking the plug and wiring to me look fine, headache!

I would check your wiring I assume your car runs if so does it run properly as your timing could be out very slightly and your sensor is telling you this.

Yh it runs, but sometimes itl start first time then at times it may take 2-3 attempts to start, and when its running the rev needle sometimes rev itself not much but up and down slightly only sometimes tho, I thought timing would be out but we checked it with a Audi camshaft locking tool and it fits in could it still be slightly out? The tool is designed to lock the cams in place?