MPG on your 8P 2.0TDI Quattro

ChrisP1303

Reaction score
So guys and girls, having been the owner of my A3 for about 8 months now i have read many threads saying people get really poor MPG in thier Quattro, i travel around 80 miles into London (M40 - M25 - M4) 3 days a week and home. I average between 55-60 MPG (although did manage 61 today!) 70 most of the journey. I don't really see this as being that bad, infact i'd say it was pretty good!

What are your average distance drives and MPG (Just curious more than anything)

Last edited:
Petrol or the devils fuel? Going by your figures I'm guessing you have a diesel.

Well my 20TFSi largely depends on how much I want to get home. Take it easy and i can hit 29mpg over 6miles(to work and another 6miles back/4 days a week) of town driving. Have some fun and it dips a tad to ~22mpg. The most I've seen out of mine is ~33mpg on the way the GTi Inters this year. So to surmise mines pretty **** :D

Ha yeah having bought the car end of January at 48k it's just about clicked onto 70k... i do a few miles so it's definitely devil fueled!

true MPG can be found by filling the tank, driving a reasonable amount of miles, then see how much it takes to refill the tank

dash computer readout is never perfectly accurate