co-indidence....surely not

trekbiker

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 2.0 tdi at present.

Have just done a search on auto trader, up to 1 year old, private sale, max 10k.

From this search, two almost identical cars have turned up, with only the last letter different on the reg no.

Both are black 3door sport with Bose, 6k, DIS,2005 05. One at 17250, one at 17495. 12 miles apart.

Is this too much of a co-incidence?? seems a bit fishy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Do Audi have any office facilities near there ?
Could be that they were cars given to Audi employees to use,hence the nearly identical registrations and mileages.

My wife's Honda was one such car.They're given to Honda employees to use under strict mileage restrictions.She's listed as the second owner,with Honda UK being the first.

I think it's a common way of making sales figures look better.

Edit;Doesn't explain the private sale thing though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Was one of them WN05 BXP ?
If so,looks like it sold last week.
From the DVLA website;

Date of First Registration 31 03 2005
Date of Last V5 Issue 19 12 2005

Your not bored with your A4 already TB are you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

TDi-
i get through cars as nearly as quick as women /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'm not bored with it by any means, and still think its one of the best looking non S4s out on the road today.
Until the end of this year, i did have use of a works car, this ceases now. I will be doing some longer trips over weekends next year (500-700 m round trips) and the economy factor could play a key part. An A3 would return about 10-15 mpg more on a run.
Having said that, i have installed Phatnoise and put some new boots on the Avant, so i do intend to keep it much longer than my normal rate (2 months for an S3, 1 month for an Allroad) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
feck, hope you kept the reciept!

[/ QUOTE ]

i've owned it for 5 months now,and the longest i made a relationship last this year was 5 months also.

there's a pattern forming here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Also, if i do sell this, i will have to be patient.its the worng time of year to sell as you probably know. having said that, i have an empty garage so it could be an ideal time to buy an A3. just a metter of finding the right one- Quattro or S line ideally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif