Possible full beam fault?

winrya

Reaction score
Might be normal but my 2011 a3 170 tdi doesnt come out of full beams when you pull the stalk back to the middle, I have to pull it towards me (flash position) to turn them off?

Is this normal or a fault? Any ideas on a fix if it is a fault? They are xenons with DRL's. It's still under warranty but trying to get an idea before it goes in

Cheers,

Ryan

When pushed forward, the full beam should be on. When pulled to the middle should be off. When pulled towards you full beam should come on until you release the stalk.
If the full beam is still on when the stalk is in the middle position than you have a problem with the stalk.
If the car is still under warranty, you should ask Audi to fix it without asking you to pay for.

Some later cars are pull towards you for full beam, then pull towards you to switch back to dipped beam.

mind does, push forward for persistent full beams (stalk returns to centre) then pull towards you (normally flash lights) to go back to dipped, so sounds right

..and just got 390 miles on a tank to chester and back with some runs around chester, with 5 miles still remaining on the DIS, awesome. Almost a shame its going next week, lolz.

Once pushed forward into full beam... Try pushing forward again to see if it clicks off. Could be forward for both.

Cheers for the replies guys. But weird some do it and some don't. It's certainly different to any other cars I've owned. Will get audi to look at it in October when I have some time off.