Electrical Issue with Dashboard brightness and headlight adjuster.

Rider4life

Reaction score
Both roller type switches on my 2004 a3 don't work. The dash lights are on but dim and the headlight height adjuster does nothing aswell. Where do i start? Would like to test it before buying another set of switches but not sure what wire does what. Could it also be a fuse?

Any help will be appreciated.

I am also having the same problem.
Cannot find a blown fuse and have replaced the full switch pack, but to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arron.

So you replaced the switch and there still not working...Mine's most likely gonna be the same then.

Yeah borrowed a switch from a friends car and it didn't work. Put my switch into her A3 and it worked no problems. Did your two rollers stop working at the same time?
In my case the headlight roller stopped working a long time before the brightness roller did.

I bought the car 2 weeks ago and didnt think to check them. Hope its a simple fix.

I'm also having a similar problem, but basically the dash and console lights don't fail completely, they just fade to the lowest light whenever they want to! If I knock the headlight switch they come back up full and the adjuster works ok again

any ideas?

Check all wiring & log with vcds.

Just to bump this thread with something a few people may find useful

I posted a few days ago about my faulty LED sidelights that were excellent for about a year til a resistor in one of them failed

I'm ABSOLUTELY certain now that although the bulbs were great for a while, they were DIRECTLY linked to the dashlight issue I mentioned above (post number 6)

SO anyone else who is currently experiencing fader issues with your dashboard clocks (and stereo button lights as they're on the same link) then quite simply your choice of sidelight bulbs may be the issue