2254018 tyres suits for 2005 model?

Tonduc

Reaction score
Hi again fellas...

quick question again does 2254018 tyres fit for audi a3 2005 sportsback model? i just bought tornado alloys including 2254018 tyres, and it fits with no problem but when i have like 4-5 persons(heavy weight) the back wheels start to make sounds.. what is the problem? is there a solution for this or i have to change new wheels again? :(

A lot of people have that size on their cars. I also have them. I never had problems with them. True that I never had 5 adults in the car.
BTW, the ET of my rims is 50. If yours is lower than this, plus soft suspension than could explain the rubbing.

sound might not be related to your new alloys, what kind of sound are you hearing?

what size were your standard alloys? 17" would also have tyres 225 wide

It sounds like the tyres are subbing on the car like (eeeeeeek) haha...
my standars alloys where 225/45/17 its starting to get annoyning.. Today 3 guys in the car and it happend again:(

You lowered at all?? look whether there's any scrub marks on the inner edge or outer edge of the back tyres, take them off to look if necessary, could be touching the arch liners

people assume if their car isn't lowered it shouldn't rub cos its higher, however there is a LOT of travel in standard suspension

my brother's isn't lowered, in fact, i'm shocked he don't get air sick it looks so high at the back, BUT it still rubbed when he had a full car on 18" alloys

I had a similar issue when I went from 17's to 18's, I removed one of the screws from the arch lining and found the tyre had been rubbing on that, never had a problem since and I'm fully wound down on coilovers, just a thought.

no i havent lowered the car yet...would that help?

probably not, I suspect the offset of the alloys mean they sit either a little too far in and are catching, or they're sitting a little too flush with the arch, meaning they catch on the bodywork ever so slightly or they catch on the arch liner screws as mentioned by someone else

find out what the alloy offset is?