Which stereo? - problems with connects2..

weewillywillis

Reaction score
Hi all

i bought the following connects2 usb thingy to add to the back of my stereo and fool the head unit into thinking i have a cdc changer.

i removed the head unit yesterday but the plug doesnt match the back of the stereo so i was stuck... Can anyone out there help me with which stereo i have? Pic is below of my head unit and the back of it which shows where it should plug in. I thought i had a concert 2 head unit so i bought the connecter that says its for a concert 2 on ebay, link also below...

Have i bought the wrong connects2 kit? Am i right in thinking i have a concert 2 head unit??
Many thanks for any help.

Chris

ImageImageImage

AUDI CONCERT A2 A3 A4 TT 05 USB SD CARD AUX IN ADAPTER CONNECTS 2 CTAADUSB004 | eBay

yeah you bought the later one for the quadlock unit you need the CTAADUSB003

Reactions: weewillywillis
As above, yours is iso & the newer 12 pin blue is quadlock.

Thanks Chaps!

Does that mean my head unit is not a concert 2? is it a concert 1 then?

Incase you see on the adverts for the 003 that it only fits A3 model 1997-2003, be assured it DOES fit 2004-2006 with your stereo. some of us have them

So is hte advert wrong then saying that it fits concert 2?

V confused.

Sorry to bump the thread, does this work with the iPod or do you need to get another connection for the iPod to work?

Many thanks

I think it does as you get a little lead mini usb to 3.5mm jack. Not 100% sure though...

I don't know the difference between concert models, I don't know if the a3 8L had concert 1, and the 2006> 8p double din is concert 3 or not

but weewillywillis, if your headunit is the one pictured in your first post, the 003 is the correct one for it, that's what's important

stuartm The Ipod works with this kit using a 3.5mm line-in (aux) cable through the headphone socket of the pod. I THINK there is another unit though that does have an actual Ipod connector, if its not a connects2 unit it might well be the Xcarlink unit