Checking for a faulty DV on 2.0T FSI

niggtv

Reaction score
There's a lot on the Mk5 Golf GTI forum about the DV failing over time, reducing boost. Would this always throw up an engine management light or error code, or is it worth checking? No problem with the running of my car - just wondering!

Yes you will know if you had the problem as you wouldn't have any boost and you'd notice the massive loss in engine performance.

It will also throw up an engine check light but to demanded boost not being met.

It will also throw up an engine check light but to demanded boost not being met.

Mine didn't throw up any warning lights at all, I just thought the car didn't feel all that it should. I guess when I got beat off the lights by a TDI that confirmed my suspicions, ordered a rev D DV and took off my old one to find it was ripped to shreds. New DV fitted and car feels like a different machine

Only four torx to remove along with the electrical connector to check,Its on my list as I am not getting boost reading I think it should have.

May be I carry out doing it wrong way, but found compared the MK5 GTI , on the Audi 2.0T it's harder to get to the hex head bolts.. what a pain!!!!

not always very rare to have a light on for the DV

May be I carry out doing it wrong way, but found compared the MK5 GTI , on the Audi 2.0T it's harder to get to the hex head bolts.. what a pain!!!!
Yes you could be,undo the bracket torx first then you can jiggle it to undo the others which hold the DV,2.0T is the same enjin (waits for someone to say a nut/gasket is different)